Dog biskets again

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Dog biskets again

Post by berryman »

I have made them a lot with Y'dag recipe but never wrote it down and forgot. I Give the spent grains to my chickens but brewing tommow and dogs turn again for Christmas.... Don't want to go though all the past threads on it and know it is simple and have everything needed.
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Re: Dog biskets again

Post by bpgreen »

If you Google spent grain dog treats, you should get a bunch of results. Several of them look like the same recipe I've used tart was posted here and/or mrbeer and/or mrbeerfans and/or hbt.

There were also a few recipes with a variation that included a banana.
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

bpgreen wrote:If you Google spent grain dog treats, you should get a bunch of results. Several of them look like the same recipe I've used tart was posted here and/or mrbeer and/or mrbeerfans and/or hbt.

There were also a few recipes with a variation that included a banana.
TY, I did google it today and yes sounds like the same one I have used in the past. I just couldn't remember the ratios. 2 cups spent grain, 1 cup flour, 1/2 cup peanut butter (I use Natural Peanut Butter for dog treats but not for me) 1 egg. Making a double batch, my friends that don't brew but drink my beer, their dogs love them too and it is Christmas for all.
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

Per the green goblin, one egg and 1/4 cup of peanut butter per 1 pound of 2 row. slowly mix in flour until it has a good dough consistency, roll out in a cookie sheet, bake at 350*F for 40 min...or until done
Life is short, live it to it's fullest!
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

:borg: Yep, that's how I do it. I normally make a 2 pound batch. My little fuzzy butts like them. Make sure you only leave out what you'll use in a week. Keep refrigerated, and freeze the rest. It WILL mold up on you if you don't.
The Nong Brewery defines "Fermentation" as: Making "Rot" a Good Thing

:borg: Welcome to the BeerBorg Information Center. You will be assimilated. Resistance is Quite Futile: WE have BEER.