Not a NEIPA but APA close

Share an all grain or partial grain recipe that you like or want to get feedback from the Borg.

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Not a NEIPA but APA close

Post by berryman »

Ok, my plan and hit it hard if doesn't sound good.
10 lbs 2 row, .5 carapils, .250 acidulated, .250 c-60. .5 Magnum @ 60 min., 1oz, citra @ 5. 2 OZ Citra and 1 oz cascade @170 and under whirlpool. Dry hop 2 oz cascade and 1 oz citra @ 3 day before keg. 1.055 og and should fg around 1.010-1.012. 2 packs of 05 around 62-65 degs. will cold crash. Something I want to try. Want to have a clear beer but with the late hop taste and not a total IPA malt.
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
BlackDuck

Re: Not a NEIPA but APA close

Post by BlackDuck »

You’ve never cold crashed before? I do it all the time, on just about every style. I think you’ll like the results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

BlackDuck wrote:You’ve never cold crashed before? I do it all the time, on just about every style. I think you’ll like the results.

Yes have cold crashed a lot of times, but don't every batch. Reason, yes I like the results but try not to work any harder then need be and can make more work for me and I have to move out of fermentation chamber into the fridge and then back up to gravity into the keg. too much lifting that I want to do, still can do it but just don't want to.
Edit: I didn't mean cold crashing something I wanted to try, but making a PA with all late additions and not much up front....
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
BlackDuck

Post by BlackDuck »

I gotcha. Moving the fermenter around that much to crash would be a pain in the rear. I have a temp controlled fridge, so it’s easy for me. I just push the button to reduce the temp!!!

ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

I rarely cold crash. I'm a weenie I guess.
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

What my Idea is to make something close to the NEIPA that I made just a little while ago and was very good tasting. Had all the NEIPA traits to start but went down hill fast. I'm thinking I would like some of that but without the cloudiness. Something in between a WCPA and a NEIPA. What I am working on and think a paring of citra and cascade might be something I would really like. Not going to do the hop addition under active fermentation like last one and no flaked wheat or oats. Just a simple malt with some late hops of two that I really like. I'm thinking Thursday or Friday will brew this.
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison