Keg deals at AIH

Share a deal or a steal you found with your BeerBorg buddies!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Keg deals at AIH

Post by bpgreen »

Adventures In Homebrewing is having a sale on used kegs.

$39 ball lock keg

Set of 4 for $150

These are pressure tested and guaranteed to hold pressure, but they're not cleaned (probably a good idea to replace o rings to ensure no lingering soda flavor).

Read the description closely so you know what you're getting. They're used and may not look great and may have stickers on them, etc.

I can't remember when I saw a deal like this. The closest I remember was a 4 pack for $100 back in 2013, but those were not only not cleaned, but not pressure tested. And they were pin lock (that worked for me, since that's what I have). Ball lock kegs are more popular and generally more expensive.

CSB
Since they were untested, I bought 8, hoping for 6 that would hold pressure. 1 box of 4 arrived with damage to the box and I think the driver just filed a claim proactively and I got 4 more. One of them needed a poppet replaced, but the rest were fine after cleaning, so I got twice as many as I expected
/CSB

If you're thinking of getting into kegging, this may be the best deal you'll see for a long time. If you can afford it, I'd recommend getting the 4 pack (maybe 2 of them).