Growler Dispenser

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

DeBus

Growler Dispenser

Post by DeBus »

Looking to continue to support my local brewpubs and thinking about buying a growler or two.
However, my experience with growlers is they have to be finished in 2 maybe 3 sittings before the carbonation is gone. Not that I object to doing so, but have a 3 month old in the house now so the missus probably wouldn't appreciate me finishing a growler at a go or 2.

What do the fine folks here recommend for a growler dispenser / tap that works well without breaking the bank?
bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Re: Growler Dispenser

Post by bpgreen »

I got one that didn't break my bank at all. My brother and his son bought me a ukeg.

If you don't have an extremely generous brother and nephew, it may or may not break the bank, depending on what your bank is.

They're not exactly cheap, but they use co2 cartridges so they keep the beer carbonated and dispense the beer, as well.

I vaguely remember reading something about people who have managed to reuse those mini kegs like this one.

While looking for that, I found this. Since that's designed to be reused, that might bre a better option. If you add other things and get the total to $55, shipping is free.
mashani
mashani
mashani

Re: Growler Dispenser

Post by mashani »

bpgreen wrote: While looking for that, I found this. Since that's designed to be reused, that might bre a better option. If you add other things and get the total to $55, shipping is free.
I've been considering getting some of those to play with but I wish I knew someone who had them in person like.

But what I wanted to really mention is I think a lot of places won't actually fill that, it's too big. Lots of places have a 64oz (~2 liter) limit due to the state laws.

I guess you could get a couple of growlers filled over a couple of days and then dump them both into it though.