Hellfire Deep Red Ale Cold Conditioning

Recipes based on BrewDemon Extracts and refills.

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

skelly

Hellfire Deep Red Ale Cold Conditioning

Post by skelly »

Brewing the Hellfire Deep Red Ale, and the directions say “ FOR BEST RESULTS COLD CONDITION FOR 1 TO 2 WEEKS”. I assume this means after bottle carbonation at a warmer temperature for a couple weeks? What temperature to cold condition? Could I just “cold crash” the fermenter at 36 degrees for a couple days prior to bottling? Thanks.
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: Hellfire Deep Red Ale Cold Conditioning

Post by berryman »

skelly wrote:Brewing the Hellfire Deep Red Ale, and the directions say “ FOR BEST RESULTS COLD CONDITION FOR 1 TO 2 WEEKS”. I assume this means after bottle carbonation at a warmer temperature for a couple weeks?

That is correct. A couple weeks at room temp after bottling to get carb. then in the fridge.
skelly wrote: Could I just “cold crash” the fermenter at 36 degrees for a couple days prior to bottling? Thanks.
Cold crashing for a few days in the fridge is good to do just before bottling and will help clear it up, different then cold conditioning.
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
HerbMeowing
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Re: Hellfire Deep Red Ale Cold Conditioning

Post by HerbMeowing »

Good questions b/c kit instructions too often assume us noobrewers know what the what the ...
skelly wrote:Brewing the Hellfire Deep Red Ale, and the directions say “ FOR BEST RESULTS COLD CONDITION FOR 1 TO 2 WEEKS”. I assume this means after bottle carbonation at a warmer temperature for a couple weeks?
you are correct ... sir.
What temperature to cold condition?
After the carbonation / warm conditioning period ... put the bottles in a fridge for 1 to 2 weeks.
Could I just “cold crash” the fermenter at 36 degrees for a couple days prior to bottling
You could but IMO it's not worth the effort.
Homebrew will get you through times of no money
Better than money will get you through times of no homebrew

- apologies to the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers