What will you be drinking to ring in 2021?

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

FedoraDave
FedoraDave
FedoraDave

What will you be drinking to ring in 2021?

Post by FedoraDave »

Happy New Year, Borg!

I think we'll all be glad to tell 2020 to not let the screen door hit it on the way out. And everyone has their method of welcoming the new year (although some of us may be forced to modify our traditions somewhat this year). My family has its traditional Movie Night. We begin with the animated version of The 2,000 Year Old Man (especially poignant this year, RIP, Carl Reiner). Then everyone has their movie picked out. This year my pick is The In-Laws, with Peter Falk and Alan Arkin. SWMBO has chosen The Maltese Falcon, and the Bhoyo has said he'd like to watch one of the Mystery Science Theater 3000 films from our extensive collection.

And I'll be enjoying a pint or two of Littlejohn's Ale, my tasty milk stout.

How about you?
Obey The Hat!

http://www.homebrew-with-the-hat.com

Some regard me as a Sensei of Brewing
Fedora Brauhaus
Up Next:
Rocking Chair Orange Wheat
Fermenting/Conditioning
South Ferry Steam Beer -- Ottertoberfest
Drinking:
Rye-Guy IPA -- Fedorus Magnus Kölsch
MadBrewer
Braumeister
Braumeister

Re: What will you be drinking to ring in 2021?

Post by MadBrewer »

Going to be sippin' on an Amber Ale keg hopped with Cascade and Cintennial, an American/English hybrid Brown Ale and a Hazy lil' Something with Citra, Mosaic, Galaxy, Amarillo and Azzaca hops. These were small batches, I have a little left of each, mostly the NEIPA, so I'm guessing we put these away tonight no problem. Having my wife's sister and her husband and the kids over, wife's brother, his daughter and our 2 sons. Planning to smoke some chicken, sausage, have some dips and finger foods, play some music, maybe some cards and forget all about 2020. Also going to sample a bottle of a Smore's Stout I brewed up, bottled and has been in the fridge for a week...just a sneak peak.

Cheers to all, and Happy New Year :beer:
Brew Strong My Friends...
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

I have 1 Enjoy By 01.01.21 left so I'll either drink that tonite or tomorrow. Just kegged a stout a few days ago so I'll give it a tasting too.
Have a Boston Butt on the smoker, got 2 lbs of Black Eyed Peas on the stove and the wife has a batch of cabbage in the over. We're doing nothing this year and who knows, may be in bed before midnight for the first time since I was a baby. :) We're expecting possible bad weather between 6 and midnight so I'm guessing the fireworks will be much less or worse, much later than normal.

Happy New Year Borgies!
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
FedoraDave
FedoraDave
FedoraDave

Post by FedoraDave »

Beer-lord, we haven't stayed up till midnight in decades (at least, not voluntarily). In fact, we were discussing that we'll need to start watching our movies around 4:30 or so, so we don't doze off in the middle of the third one!

We've never been night-owls, so we really have to force ourselves to stay up beyond 10 pm.
Obey The Hat!

http://www.homebrew-with-the-hat.com

Some regard me as a Sensei of Brewing
Fedora Brauhaus
Up Next:
Rocking Chair Orange Wheat
Fermenting/Conditioning
South Ferry Steam Beer -- Ottertoberfest
Drinking:
Rye-Guy IPA -- Fedorus Magnus Kölsch
BlackDuck

Post by BlackDuck »

Happy New Year. I’m making teriyaki wings and drinking my newly tapped Pale Ale. We’ll also have some shrimp with various cheeses, dips and crackers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Drinking a few Holiday ales now and see getting low now. Was going to cook some wings on the air fryer, but changed plans and wife is going to cook some of her famous Hot Italian sausage and mushroom soup. And later on some shrimp and snacks. Grandson is here tonight and going to watch the rest of the back to the future movies, we have seen them lots of times but grandson only seen the first and loves it.
:clink: Happy New year Borg :clink:
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

Thinking about starting to drink now.... just to get a head start. I think tonight I'll drink a bottle from Russian River that I don't get to enjoy very often.... just to have something special.

I hope everyone stays safe.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk