Carbonation

Take a minute to introduce yourself to the Borg and tell us what's brewing. You can ask questions here too!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

clay5769
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Carbonation

Post by clay5769 »

Hi all
I have a batch of Canadian blonde in carbonation . All the other beer I've done it calls for minimum 7 days carbonation. This one calls for 14 days is this correct and why 7 more days than all the other beer for carbonation

Thanks
Clayton
John Sand
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: Carbonation

Post by John Sand »

I don't know why it would be different, maybe they updated the instructions? A little longer won't hurt.
Making beer and stew for the Zombie Apocalypse.
Never mind, there it is.
clay5769
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by clay5769 »

John Sand wrote:I don't know why it would be different, maybe they updated the instructions? A little longer won't hurt.
I meant all other types this is my first batch Canadian blonde and it states 14 day carbonation, my india pale ale is 7 the oatmeal stout was 7 and then this one is 14?

Thanks
HerbMeowing
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by HerbMeowing »

more than a few kit instructions say 7 days fermenting + 7 days carbonation = beer

many have found 2 + 2 + 2 (2 weeks fermenting; 2 weeks carbonating + 2 weeks in the fridge) more better
of course it's you beer so drink it when you want ...
Homebrew will get you through times of no money
Better than money will get you through times of no homebrew

- apologies to the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

I can't tell you why the instructions would be different, unless they are in the process of fixing their instructions to be more realistic for giving you the best beer possible.

7 days fermenting and 7 days carb rarely gives you the best beer possible.

I would personally not touch it in the bottle until 14 days at least, and it would stay in my fermenter 10-14 days at least as well.
clay5769
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by clay5769 »

Thanks all..... I been doing 1 to 2 weeks fermentation 1 week carbonation and 1 day in the refrigerator :oops: ..

Hard to wait so now I'm doing 2 weeks fermentation 1 to 2 weeks carbonation as per each individual instruction and a few days refrigerator :thanks:
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

clay5769 wrote:Hard to wait
We like to say "build a pipeline". Get another fermenter and brew a batch every week. Then you will have more beer and you can let it sit longer and become better without feeling like you have to wait to have beer you made, once the initial couple of batches are in the mix. If you find that you have too much beer, then skip a week, or what not.
clay5769
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by clay5769 »

I must have read your mind. I have a batch of india pale ale in 1 gallon fermentation and 5 days after I started a 2 gallon batch of a brown ale, and I have 16 bottles of Canadian blonde in carbonation going due refrigerator in a few days.

And I even got some store bought beer to hold me over :martini: :martini: :oops: