1 down. 1 to go. Then 2 weeks.

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Re: 1 down. 1 to go. Then 2 weeks.

Post by bpgreen »

I ended up not wearing the mask on the ride. I wore it during the meeting before the ride, but took it off for the ride.
mashani
mashani
mashani

Re: 1 down. 1 to go. Then 2 weeks.

Post by mashani »

bpgreen wrote:I ended up not wearing the mask on the ride. I wore it during the meeting before the ride, but took it off for the ride.
I generally have not been wearing masks outside as its easy to avoid people and normally the breeze will blow any virus all over the place and scatter it so much that it's very diluted if you happened to run into some, so not typically worried about it. Exceptions are if I'm going to be standing around in a group of people for a long time and can't keep distance. Also exceptions were the group rides I've done. I wouldn't do a group ride with people not wearing masks, I also would not run in a group of people not wearing them, IE like the cross country kids. Because I happen to know far too much about fluid dynamics which is really what it all comes down to, and it makes me paranoid LOL. So I have generally been cycling solo and avoiding riding behind other cyclists for any length of time, even at distances as far as 50' because @20mph you are covering almost 30 feet per second - so whatever that person 50' in front of you spit out, your quite possibly inhaling, it's almost no different then you standing directly face to face unless there is a cross wind. Same with most of the people in my local pro/semi-pro/fast paced pace line / group ride community, all of them understand this. The few times we did get together we all wore masks, but it's really hard to do hard efforts and wear a mask, so it is not optimal. If I knew everyone in a group ride was vaccinated I might be willing to do it without a mask now though.

Indoors around anyone I don't live with, I've always worn one.