Hello to all from Rhode Island

Take a minute to introduce yourself to the Borg and tell us what's brewing. You can ask questions here too!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

AcesMarine8282

Hello to all from Rhode Island

Post by AcesMarine8282 »

Hello to all of you amazing home Brewers. My name is Tony and I would like to introduce myself to all of you. As it seems quite a few of you have been directed here by websites I will be forthcoming and say that I was directed here as well by Brew demon specifically Billy who was also kind enough to answer some questions I had. Below, I have included the email I initially sent to brood even, not because I'm lazy and don't want to retype but to be honest I thought it was a good introductory into this forum as well. Within the next few days I hope to purchase the Brew demon with all the bells and whistles for hard cider. At some point I would also love to be able to make Mead. I'm sure I will have questions as anyone does but I will also try to do my own research, and I look forward to learning and talking to everyone.

"Hello and good afternoon, my name is Anthony Mucci. I am writing today because lately I've been getting an itch to try home brewing. I started off thinking of trying wine as and homage to my grandfather. After reading and thinking realistically something like that for me to do is unrealistic. After then doing a good amount more research I had decided on making a hard cider with the hopes to eventually make either Mead or beer with the same kit. I had pretty much made up my mind on the Northern Brewer hard cider kit, however after factoring in bottles and just the sheer amount that a 5 gallon batch would make for my initial run I thought that to be a little too lofty as well. Since I am still stuck on the idea of using a hard cider kit, first obviously to make cider and then, hopefully later on making something else. I searched Amazon and the internet to find something like I'm looking for. After factoring in bottle cost it seems to me that your company makes the most affordable and also the highest rated at least one of the highest rated starter kits on the market. Well that was all nice and good to be honest the thing that really hooked me at this point on you guys is the fact that the founder of your company took time to actually write up something about the company from his own words which to me means more than any fake endorsement. So, with all that being said I would love to be able to purchase one of your kits I just had one final question, and that would be do you do any type of veteran discounts. Another big factor in my decision to Homebrew is someone I served with roughly 20 years ago recently retired as a Master gunnery Sergeant in the Marine Corps. He was a huge Homebrew beer enthusiast and since I haven't heard from him in quite a number of years maybe this is just a way of me keeping a piece of him alive. I hope everyone at your company is having a great day when you get this and if you could just respond to let me know also since I think it's only fair would you rather me purchase directly from your website or Amazon I want to put the most money in your pocket and not necessarily theirs. Thank you so much and kind regards, Tony Mucci"

Edit: I should note that I did make a mistake in my friend's rank he, at least the last time I talked to him, which was a few years ago was a Master Sergeant (E-8) not Master Gunnery Sergeant (E-9). When he retired earlier this year I don't know since I haven't talked to him if he ever ranked up to E9 but considering what a squared away Marine he was I'm sure he did. Also my great-grandfather was the wine maker, unfortunately before he died which was when I was I don't even think two he never passed on any of his methods secrets or recipes.
bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Re: Hello to all from Rhode Island

Post by bpgreen »

Welcome.
BlackDuck

Post by BlackDuck »

Welcome to the Borg!! And thank you for your service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
John Sand
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by John Sand »

Welcome to the Borg!
E-8, E-9, whatever it takes! :)
(Former E-6 USCG)
Making beer and stew for the Zombie Apocalypse.
Never mind, there it is.
AcesMarine8282

Post by AcesMarine8282 »

Thank you to everyone for the well wishes I greatly appreciate it. I feel like I actually join the collective today I made my plunge into homebrewing and went with the Brew demon pro Homebrew 2 gallon cider kit... Now all that's left is to start the never ending learning process. I noticed in the assimilation thread one of the moderators had posted a couple of what seem to be good articles so I'm going to start there. I do have more time than just waiting for the package to arrive, I'm having work done on my house at the moment and the very little that I have read so far emphasizes that cleanliness and sanitation are two huge key components. Since I don't feel I can get my house properly cleaned while work is being done, it gives me time to study and learn before I even open the box as it were. Looking forward to asking for advice and recipes and hopefully I'll be able to share at some point and be able to give back good advice at some point as well.

Sent from my SM-S506DL using Tapatalk