may have messed up my cider?

Recipes based on BrewDemon Extracts and refills.

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Tunrida83

may have messed up my cider?

Post by Tunrida83 »

I purchased the Red Devil Apple Wheat from brew demon, followed the supplied instructions in the package. Online it shows on the instructions there to add the pureed fruit after topping off the fermenter, but before the yeast. I did a sample and right now its at a 1.065 SG but I don't know if it will mess with the final flavor. Would I be able to add canned applesauce to the fermenter, even though the yeast is now in?
mashani
mashani
mashani

Re: may have messed up my cider?

Post by mashani »

Yes, right out of the can using a sanitized opener and/or spoon to get it out. Just make sure everything is sanitized, and as long as the can hasn't been opened (or was just opened) it's contents are fine. You can even wait and add it during active fermentation and that will be fine too. Just expect the fermentation will kick up a notch after.

If the can has been opened and sitting around though, then maybe no so much, wild yeast and/or fruit flies find things quickly.
Tunrida83

Re: may have messed up my cider?

Post by Tunrida83 »

yeah I can sanitize everything I still have the gallon of sanitizer water. Just with the printout instructions would have said to add pureed fruit. never showed it was needed on the instructions.