Oh, what should I brew next?

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Oh, what should I brew next?

Post by berryman »

I got a Blueberry wheat just a few days away from kegging and a light American Blonde Lager next. After that IDK what I want to make, Maybe a Helles, Kölsch, Dunkel , Dunkelweizen, Banana Hef or a big IPA or a APA. I see a lot of times on here for some reason at different times of the year we are brewing close to the same thing. What you all got going or lined up?
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
mashani
mashani
mashani

Re: Oh, what should I brew next?

Post by mashani »

I'm burning through my yeast as temperatures in my basement change. So I'm using notty or lager yeasts right now. I may do a belated maibock, and some IPAs/IPLs. I'll switch to verdant when it gets a bit warmer which won't be very long. So those will likely be IPAs or APAs or English beers (Verdant is an English yeast strain, I think it's like dry Boddington yeast, and I love Boddington so maybe I will try to make something like that). Then I'll likely do a hefe and then belgians/saisons, as I do in the summer.
John Sand
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by John Sand »

I didn't brew from November to March. I hurt my shoulder then had a boat emergency to deal with. Now there's five gallons of Fifteen Minute Pale ready to be kegged. Next is my continued pursuit of a better pilsner.
Making beer and stew for the Zombie Apocalypse.
Never mind, there it is.
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

mashani wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:35 pm I'm burning through my yeast as temperatures in my basement change.
That's pretty much how I work on it. The Lager that going to brew next week will use Cellar Science German, it's a lot like 34/70 but cheaper. I will harvest that yeast and use it on a Helles or Dunkel. My fermenting cabinet does good for Lagers if the ambient temp is not to high, my basement hardly ever gets much above 68 even in the summer months, it is 65 right now with no heat on. I got the Lager yeast, some used s-04, some us-05 and celler science Cali , and some used wyeast 1450. As it warms up I will switch to some more wheat beers and IPA's and APA's. Also by then I should have everything needed to try some pressure fermenting.
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
FedoraDave
FedoraDave
FedoraDave

Post by FedoraDave »

An Oktoberfest! Traditionally brewed in March (ok, it's now April, but still....), it's a great addition to a fall pipeline. I just put mine back in the fridge after a D-rest this morning, and I'll begin lowering the temperature in a week or two. Lager through spring and summer, and Bob's your uncle!
Obey The Hat!

http://www.homebrew-with-the-hat.com

Some regard me as a Sensei of Brewing
Fedora Brauhaus
Up Next:
Rocking Chair Orange Wheat
Fermenting/Conditioning
South Ferry Steam Beer -- Rye-Guy IPA -- Ottertoberfest
Drinking:
Fedorus Magnus Kölsch
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

I'm thinking maybe going with a Dunkel next after the American Lager and use the same yeast what should also be good for that. What a good starting grain bill? I have some specialty grains on hand. I like to plan ahead some and not that far away when ordering stuff.
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

I can help you with a Dunkelweizen, if you like:

5lbs wheat
3lbs munich
2lbs vienna
8oz special B
4oz chocolate malt

1oz Tettnang at 60
Your favorite Hef yeast (I used WLP300)
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Kealia wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:42 pm I can help you with a Dunkelweizen, if you like:

5lbs wheat
3lbs munich
2lbs vienna
8oz special B
4oz chocolate malt

1oz Tettnang at 60
Your favorite Hef yeast (I used WLP300)
:thanks: I will try that when it gets a little warmer out and maybe try the OYL400 bananza that you brought to our attention and I used a couple times, I think that might go good with a little chocolate. For now I got a couple more Lagers am doing, then will switch to all ales, atleast one farmhouse Saison is on my list I do most every summer.
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison