Summer hiatus ...

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

FedoraDave
FedoraDave
FedoraDave

Summer hiatus ...

Post by FedoraDave »

... is over!

I hadn't brewed anything in nearly a month, but a combination of hellacious weather and a lovely 2-week visit with my daughter, occasionally her husband (he had business in NYC, but came up on weekends) and my fabulous, amazing, super cute granddaughter -- well it all combined to make brewing a low (read "nonexistent") priority.

But it was cooler this morning, and I had the kitchen to myself. So a 3-gallon batch of Rocking Chair Orange Wheat was brewed. And I realize I need to ramp up production to keep the pipeline from running dry, even though it probably will before the Rocking Chair is ready to tap.

I've been lagering the Ottertoberfest since some time in April, and I'll keg that in a couple weeks, to have the first draw coincide with actual Oktoberfest. And next week I'll brew a fiver of South Ferry Steam Beer (RIP, Anchor Brewing) . But I need to brew some dark winter beers to bottle and cellar for three or four months, too. King Duncan's Porter and the award-winning milk stout, Littlejohn's Ale, will be brewed in early September.

I'll be busy, but as I always say, it's better to be as busy as you wanna be than it is to be as busy as you gotta be.
Obey The Hat!

http://www.homebrew-with-the-hat.com

Some regard me as a Sensei of Brewing
Fedora Brauhaus
Up Next:
Rocking Chair Orange Wheat
Fermenting/Conditioning
South Ferry Steam Beer -- Rye-Guy IPA -- Ottertoberfest
Drinking:
Fedorus Magnus Kölsch