What-up?

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

What-up?

Post by FrozenInTime »

Is it me, or is the crickets getting louder? Haven't seen a post in a while.
Life is short, live it to it's fullest!
bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Re: What-up?

Post by bpgreen »

It's definitely been quiet lately.

I'm still not drinking. Quitting dropped my blood pressure enough that my doctor took me off one of my medications, so I think it's permanent.

I thought about brewing NA beer, but decided it was too much work.

On the non brewing front, I did another triathlon today. I've had some setbacks, so I did a sprint distance (about half the Olympic distance). I had to walk a good chunk of the run, but I still managed to conve in 3rd for men 65-69, so I'm happy overall. I'm going to work on increasing my running distance and maybe do the long course (70.3, same as half ironman, but not ironman branded) next fall (with shorter distance triathlons leading up to it).
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

Good luck with the running! I can run maybe 50ft.... then spend the rest of the day on my in-haler. When I was a young fart, I ran several miles almost every day but.... knees/back/body/lungs proceeded to tell me HEY, STOP IT OLD FART!!!! Sux to get old but.... LOL and I'm only 66.

I do enjoy brewing, still do but.... it doesn't get drank. I give most away as I only have a couple drinks, maybe 2 per month. Been working on my weight, diabetes and blood pressure too. The keg on tap right now.... brewed maybe 2 yrs back.... another keg sits in the room that I did about 1 yr back. I just did up 2 carboys of hard cider and it will condition atleast a year before it gets tapped, if that soon.
Life is short, live it to it's fullest!
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

I'm still here, I haven't brewed almost anything this summer and usually don't make much beer in the summer. I am big on outdoor stuff when weather is good and I do a lot of BBQ, Garden and working on my antique tractors and building on to my barns. I think a lot of us in this borg are about the same age and we still brew beer, but nothing new to talk about.
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

When not working, I've mostly been swimming, running, and riding bikes in between brewing stuff. Outdoor swimming season is coming to an end though, so there will be a break until Nordic skiing season. (I don't really like swimming in indoor pools all that much).
bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by bpgreen »

Pool swimming is definitely boring, but I swam on teams as a kid, so I'm used to it. There's a group open water swim that I try to do somewhat regularly so I'm ready for races, but it's a ways away, and the pool is much more convenient.
FedoraDave
FedoraDave
FedoraDave

Post by FedoraDave »

I've had some health issues, and I'm trying to lose weight, so I've cut way back on my consumption. This has the effect of cutting way back on my brewing. But I still pop in here from time to time.
Obey The Hat!

http://www.homebrew-with-the-hat.com

Some regard me as a Sensei of Brewing
Fedora Brauhaus
Up Next:
Rocking Chair Orange Wheat
Fermenting/Conditioning
South Ferry Steam Beer -- Rye-Guy IPA -- Ottertoberfest
Drinking:
Fedorus Magnus Kölsch