Update on where I'm at and where am going.

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Update on where I'm at and where am going.

Post by berryman »

I've had a busy summer and not brewed anything since June. I bought a FermZilla tri-conical last year on a Black Friday sale. I opened it up and looked it over and was nice but found out about the only way to do a transfer to keg is under pressure, could have used my auto syphon though and needed atleast another $100 in parts to really make it a pressure system and sealed transfer, and it is too tall for my fementation fridge. I was looking into Glycol chillers and thought about cutting the freezer part out of the fridge, I already have it mostly open now anyways. A young guy I meant was getting heavy into brewing and he seen it and said exactly what he wanted . I sold it to him for what I paid on sale we both were happy. I'll stick with my Ss Brew bucket for now. Next deal I seen my homemade Keezer that I built about 2017 was having a hard time getting and keeping the serving temp. down and seen some oil underneath and think a line rusted out and lost refridgeration gas. It was a cheap GE freezer, but I spent a lot of time building it and looked nice. I'm thinking of getting a 2 keg kegerator. I hardly ever had all 4 going at one time and I had wine on one. but I would like to find one without the faucets as I have some good flow control ones already. Thats my update for now still drinking beer and going brew some soon. DP-Berryman
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
mashani
mashani
mashani

Re: Update on where I'm at and where am going.

Post by mashani »

There are all sorts of gizmos I would like to play with, but when it comes to just making beer, I'm having such good results just doing my Mash & Boil + overnight slow chill process and my "mini cooper" fermenters that I can just throw in the dishwasher to clean that I don't feel the urge to invest in them for what would likely be very minor gains and a more complicated brew / clean up.