Taking a break

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Taking a break

Post by bpgreen »

I've been trying to get into better shape and started doing triathlons. I'm not very good, but I'm old enough that finishing is often enough to get me into the top three in local races.

On November 3, I packed up my swim gear, got on my bike, and headed for the pool. I remember that part.

I swam just under 1000 yards, commented on my swim in an app I use, and headed home. I also remember that.

On the way home, while I was going really fast (for me; probably 20-25 mph) a pickup driver didn't see me and hit me while turning right. I don't remember that or anything else for about the next week. I've spent most of the time since then in the hospital or in a rehab facility, so no brewing here.

I was hoping to increase my distance next year and do a half Ironman distance (but not ironman branded, so they just call it 70.3). Now, I'll feel lucky if I can complete an Olympic distance in that race. I'm still in rehab, and still only walking, but my distances are increasing and the therapists working with me assure me that my goals are achievable. But I've got a long road ahead of me.
Beer-lord

Re: Taking a break

Post by Beer-lord »

Oh wow, so sorry that happened to you! I'm very happy you're better. That's just awful but it's great you have the determination to keep going and even do better. Congrats to you on that.
For me, I stick to walking in the mornings and gym a few afternoons a week. I don't do it for any other reason but to live longer but hopefully, healthier. Of course I could do better if I quit alcohol altogether but, I don't drink that much and even drink less than I use to.
I'm retiring in July, moving to Mississippi and will find ways to keep active while I continue to aggravate all those I love. I'm good at it, and will continue that until I die!

Happy New Year all!
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by bpgreen »

Since you mentioned retirement, that's another change I've made. I don't remember retiring, but several people have assured me that I told them that I did.

One of those people is my brother who is in management with the company. He pointed out that I haven't been paid in almost a year. So I guess I'm retired.
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

bpgreen wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:04 pm Since you mentioned retirement, that's another change I've made. I don't remember retiring, but several people have assured me that I told them that I did.

One of those people is my brother who is in management with the company. He pointed out that I haven't been paid in almost a year. So I guess I'm retired.
:rofl: No one will need to tell me though I'm still planning on doing a very small amount of work for a bit after I close my retail location but it's all gonna be on my terms meaning......it's going to be only easy and very profitable orders or I'm not doing it.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black