Price Gouging...

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

jivex5k
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Price Gouging...

Post by jivex5k »

There's a shop where I live called 67 Wine and Spirits, they get great beer and I've been a longtime customer.
Well, Marshall Zhukov got released, and it goes fast. It retails for 11.99 per 750ml bottle, I was lucky enough to grab one at Total Wine.

Well 67 got their shipment today, I went to inquire about it, said they would be auctioning off the entire case at 2PM.
I said no thanks and left, my friend said that sounds wrong so she went there at 2 to see what was happening.

Well, the beer guy put the kaibosh on the auction, it was one dudes idea and he was reprimanded apparently. They are selling them at a 2 bottle limit which is cool...but for how much???

20 bucks a bottle...

Look, I can support a 3-4 maybe even 5 dollar markup, 8 bucks? That's a 66% mark up.
Grrr, makes me angry my long time store would do this to me.

So I've decided I'm done with them, seems pretty dumb to screw over customers who come in and never buy less than 60 bucks worth of beer.

Anyways, just letting off steam lol, at least I have 1 bottle.
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you can never be sure if they are true." - Walt Whitman
gwcr

Re: Price Gouging...

Post by gwcr »

Yikes! Seems a bit harsh, but supply and demand and all that...

Disappointed their name isn't 69 Wine and Spirits. Seems to flow better...

:jumpy:
Fermenting: Bucket 1 - Fresh Squeezed IPA; Bucket 2 - Empty

Kegged: Keg 1 - Irish Red; Keg 2 - Cream Ale; Keg 3 - Amber Ale; Keg 4 - APA; Keg 5 - Empty; Keg 6 - Empty; Keg 7 - Empty
The reason why the above list is so small Home Theater Build
philm00x

Post by philm00x »

In this case, I'd rather look up a clone recipe and brew it myself for a lot less! That's just awful that they're trying to take advantage of consumers that way.
Official page of Mr. Rufus Brewing Co.

Up Next
Koning Oranje

Currently at Mr. Rufus Brewing Co.
Fermenting
Nothing :(
Conditioning
Nothing :(
Drinking
58. Choco Brown
60. Etcitra, Etcitra
61. Bubs' Pale Wheat Xtra
62. Ottoberfest
Brew Queue
ROAR! Bacon
Bombay
Saint Sebastian Tripel
Bubs' Pale Ale

Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

Hmmm, captitalism at it's best or worst?

I haven't seen that around here, although I do know of a liquor store that requires you to buy 2 other bottles if you show up to get a Pliny when they have it in stock. Forcing you to spend more money, yes - but at least it's not inflating the price of a single bottle.
jivex5k
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by jivex5k »

Kealia wrote:Hmmm, captitalism at it's best or worst?

I haven't seen that around here, although I do know of a liquor store that requires you to buy 2 other bottles if you show up to get a Pliny when they have it in stock. Forcing you to spend more money, yes - but at least it's not inflating the price of a single bottle.
Yeah what are ya gonna do eh, supply and demand.
I'm sure they will still sell, just not as fast as they would otherwise. The people who know and care about it, also know the MSRP.

Unfortunately my other spots will not be getting any so, c'est la vie I got one bottle.
And making a clone would be awesome, probably hard though. At least 1.1 OG if not higher...
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you can never be sure if they are true." - Walt Whitman