5 batches in

Take a minute to introduce yourself to the Borg and tell us what's brewing. You can ask questions here too!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Norman__Snorz

5 batches in

Post by Norman__Snorz »

It has been a while since my last post, but have been keeping busy during the "stay-at-home". Have 5 batches under my belt now (all 1 gal), and have to say all have been fantastic! Just received my 2 gal kit and am ready to get started with it. Thanx to all here who have given advice and wisdom. BREW ON ALL, BREW ON!!!!
BlackDuck

Re: 5 batches in

Post by BlackDuck »

Sounds awesome. Glad you’re enjoying your new hobby. I’ve got a Kolsch recipe ready to go for this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
HerbMeowing
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by HerbMeowing »

addiction or obsession?
Homebrew will get you through times of no money
Better than money will get you through times of no homebrew

- apologies to the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers
John Sand
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by John Sand »

Thanks for the update! :)
Making beer and stew for the Zombie Apocalypse.
Never mind, there it is.
beerme

Post by beerme »

What kind of fermenter and ingredients are you using? I was 5 batches in before I ever got rid of the twang. I have three 2 gallon fermenters going now. What can I say, I like beer? I've been using the canned LME and UME kits and now have sediment problems.
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

beerme wrote:What kind of fermenter and ingredients are you using? I was 5 batches in before I ever got rid of the twang. I have three 2 gallon fermenters going now. What can I say, I like beer? I've been using the canned LME and UME kits and now have sediment problems.
I answered your sediment question in the other thread. Just so you know there are at least a couple of us here that used to sometimes have 4 or 6 or even 8 LBKs going at once back in the day. We like beer too ;)
beerme

Post by beerme »

Yes you did and I thank you. Was curious if others were getting the sediment too but you explained that also. Everybody does using the instructed methods. LBK and BD really don't give very good or accurate information for beginners. They make it sound as easy as making Kool Aid. :) I would've given up 2 months ago if not for this forum.