What are you drinking?

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: What are you drinking?

Post by Kealia »

Man, I hope not!
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

Kealia wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:00 pm Man, I hope not!
LOL, I could try to make Zombie Braggot I suppose.
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Founders All Day IPA.
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Tapped my BBW today. I had too.

Blue Berry Wheat :)
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

I don't know how to post pics. on here anymore but thought I would give a updade on the Pliny clone I brewed not long ago. That is a excellent IPA and as good or better then the Southern tier 2x IPA that I drink sometimes. Other then it being a 8% beer and can't handle too many in one sitting.
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

I brewed the Pliney clone twice, the second time I brewed it with more volume, so it came out 7%, and it was still awesome, if perhaps not as authentic. So, you could probably brew a bigger batch and have a wee bit more beer at a time.
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

I just poured a glass of the pliny clone that I kegged back in 6/29. I kinda forgot that I still had that on tap and haven't had one in a while. say what want about IPA's losing their zing after getting a little old, Wow before even having a sip while tilting the glass got a big hop hit. It is a lot more smooth now and more easy drinking for a 8% but only about a gal or so left now as I am cleaning out what I got left so I can start brewing again now summer is over.
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
TonyKZ1
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by TonyKZ1 »

Sam Adams Octoberfest and Boston Lager, since I'm out of my home brewed beer.
Bailey's Billy Goat Brews
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

berryman wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:04 pm I just poured a glass of the pliny clone that I kegged back in 6/29. I kinda forgot that I still had that on tap and haven't had one in a while. say what want about IPA's losing their zing after getting a little old, Wow before even having a sip while tilting the glass got a big hop hit. It is a lot more smooth now and more easy drinking for a 8% but only about a gal or so left now as I am cleaning out what I got left so I can start brewing again now summer is over.
I've got everything I need to make that next. It's your fault I am lol.
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

mashani wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:57 am
berryman wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:04 pm I just poured a glass of the pliny clone that I kegged back in 6/29. I kinda forgot that I still had that on tap and haven't had one in a while. say what want about IPA's losing their zing after getting a little old, Wow before even having a sip while tilting the glass got a big hop hit. It is a lot more smooth now and more easy drinking for a 8% but only about a gal or so left now as I am cleaning out what I got left so I can start brewing again now summer is over.
Yeah I definitely will make that again, I might try to figure a way to cut back the ABV a touch without changing the base beer. I don't know what the real Pliny comes in at but mine was right on the 8% mark.
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by bpgreen »

berryman wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 5:47 pm
mashani wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:57 am
Yeah I definitely will make that again, I might try to figure a way to cut back the ABV a touch without changing the base beer. I don't know what the real Pliny comes in at but mine was right on the 8% mark.
Looks like you nailed it. The real Pliny the elder is also 8%: https://www.russianriverbrewing.com/pliny-the-elder/
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Drinking a Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald porter. Had one Nov.9 , 10, today and till there are gone.
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
jayelif

Post by jayelif »

2nite I'm enjoying a Belgian-style tripel brewed with local honey and aged in whiskey barrels :) It's a decadent brew with notes of oak, honey sweetness, and a hint of whiskey warmth. I love it. Got myself a new vape, Spaceman Nebula 25000, and all of these flavors meld beautifully. I feel amazing, savoring the rich complexities of the beer and the smooth satisfaction of vaping. Cheers y'all!
swenocha
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by swenocha »

At Yazoo for the first time in forever, so Yazoo Locale... Low cal and low carb pale ale brewed with Brandon's funk yeast blend. Local ingredients (local yeast, local grain... Get it? Low cal, local... Locale...). 3.8%, 90cal, 4g carb. My go to now...

Hope everyone is good. I need to sync with you all...

Swenocha is a vast bastard of brewing knowledge - Wings_Fan_In_KC

Fermenting:
nada... zip...

Drinking:
nada... zip... maybe an N/A beer here and there...
bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by bpgreen »

I'm currently on a break from drinking due to injury, medication, etc. But i opened the fridge in the garage today (looking for something food related) and saw that I've got several 6 packs, so I guess my fridge is ready when I am.