Breaking Bad

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

astrobeerman

Re: Breaking Bad

Post by astrobeerman »

I'm more sad its ended.......really good season
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

Great final season and last episode. I'm sated. I thought it was really good and didn't feel 'cheated' on the ending like I have on other shows.

Hurrah!
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

Just watched it with friends back from Cali and enjoyed a Union Jack or two whilst watching.
Great freaking ending and I love the song which was perfect for the ending.
Guess I got what I deserved
Kept you waiting there too long, my love
All that time without a word
Didn't know you'd think that I'd forget or I'd regret
The special love I had for you, my baby blue

All the days became so long
Did you really think, I'd do you wrong?
Dixie, when I let you go
Thought you'd realize that I would know
I would show the special love I have for you, my baby blue

What can I do, what can I say
Except I want you by my side
How can I show you, show me the way
Don't you know the times I've tried?

[guitar solo (Joey Molland)]

Guess that's all I have to say
Except the feeling just grows stronger every day
Just one thing before I go
Take good care, baby, let me know, let it grow
The special love you have for me, my Dixie, dear.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
jivex5k
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by jivex5k »

spoiler
I'm still not sure how Walt got the ricin in Lydia's stevia. I mean, she held the packet the whole time since before he sat down. So that means he had to plant it there before hand, but how did he know what table she would sit at? I've watched it 6 or 7 times, she holds the packet the entire time.
If it was her regular table, what would he have done if it was full? How would he have known which empty table she would sit at?
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you can never be sure if they are true." - Walt Whitman
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

I'm pretty sure she asked him how he knew she would be there and he told her it was at 10 and she always sat at the same place. That's how I remember it. So, he got there early and somehow, was able to put it in the packet and make it look normal.
My question is, did he remove much of the sweetner first. Then she might have noticed it was too sweet but that's just me being dumb.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
Up Next
Men In Black
philm00x

Post by philm00x »

Walt knew she would meet in the same place at the same time every week. It's likely she would sit in the same spot every time too. It's also possible that when he went and approached Lydia and Todd at the table, he pulled some sleight of hand, ninja quickness and swapped her packet of stevia with a packet he filled with the ricin. Regardless, it started to make sense that he would end up poisoning her w/ the ricin since she made a habit of ordering tea at any meeting place coffee shop she went.
Official page of Mr. Rufus Brewing Co.

Up Next
Koning Oranje

Currently at Mr. Rufus Brewing Co.
Fermenting
Nothing :(
Conditioning
Drinking
58. Choco Brown
60. Etcitra, Etcitra
61. Bubs' Pale Wheat Xtra
62. Ottoberfest
Brew Queue
ROAR! Bacon
Bombay
Saint Sebastian Tripel
Bubs' Pale Ale

Gizmo
Freshly Brewed
Freshly Brewed

Post by Gizmo »

He pointed out when she asked how he knew she'd be there, and he commented that she's a creature of habit. "every Tuesday, 10am". Look at all the other episodes featuring a meeting there, she sits at the same seat same table. Walt got there before them (he's seen at the end of the bar when she walks in). It's safe to assume he went to that table, removed all the packets of Sevia save the ricin one (there was only 1 packet for her before she asked for more), then went to the bar. That was probably the easiest of all his hits the whole series to pull off.
Fermenting: Dad's Lemonade (Pale Ale)
Conditioning/Drinking: Paths of Nutty(Brown), spALTered Time (German Altbier)
On Deck: Return of the Imperial (Imperial Stout)
jivex5k
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by jivex5k »

Gizmo wrote:He pointed out when she asked how he knew she'd be there, and he commented that she's a creature of habit. "every Tuesday, 10am". Look at all the other episodes featuring a meeting there, she sits at the same seat same table. Walt got there before them (he's seen at the end of the bar when she walks in). It's safe to assume he went to that table, removed all the packets of Sevia save the ricin one (there was only 1 packet for her before she asked for more), then went to the bar. That was probably the easiest of all his hits the whole series to pull off.
The only problem I have with that theory is, what happens when someone else sits at the table? That table isn't reserved for her.
Chalk it up to luck I suppose, like the car keys in the visor, and the angle being perfect for the m60 even though he had never been to that compound.
Or how they don't check the trunk of the car, or force him to park somewhere specific.

It was a great ending, lots of luck involved though lol.
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you can never be sure if they are true." - Walt Whitman
philm00x

Post by philm00x »

Well, there's always gotta be a "Hollywood" element involved.
Official page of Mr. Rufus Brewing Co.

Up Next
Koning Oranje

Currently at Mr. Rufus Brewing Co.
Fermenting
Conditioning
Drinking
58. Choco Brown
60. Etcitra, Etcitra
61. Bubs' Pale Wheat Xtra
62. Ottoberfest
Brew Queue
ROAR! Bacon
Bombay
Saint Sebastian Tripel
Bubs' Pale Ale

SnakefetusBrewing

Post by SnakefetusBrewing »

So I know I'm a little late, but I finally was able to watch the last episode.
Holy Crap, like I agree there was alot of luck involved in how everything happened but I have never been so satisfied with an ending to a series in my life.
Beer is Good. Beers Are Better
Gizmo
Freshly Brewed
Freshly Brewed

Post by Gizmo »

SnakefetusBrewing wrote:So I know I'm a little late, but I finally was able to watch the last episode.
Holy Crap, like I agree there was alot of luck involved in how everything happened but I have never been so satisfied with an ending to a series in my life.
I agree, I've seen way too many of my favorite shows go on far too long just for the sake of ratings over story. (Dexter, How I met Your Mother, the Office, etc.). I wish more shows would just tell the story, even if it's just 1 or 2 seasons worth of quality, instead of pushing on and on and on and watering down what was once a great show.
Fermenting: Dad's Lemonade (Pale Ale)
Conditioning/Drinking: Paths of Nutty(Brown), spALTered Time (German Altbier)
On Deck: Return of the Imperial (Imperial Stout)
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

I watch a lot of British shows and many are very good for the same reason you mention. They aren't afraid to kill off major characters but keep the story going. Their seasons are only about 12 episodes and you get a full hour's worth of good drama.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
Up Next
Men In Black
SnakefetusBrewing

Post by SnakefetusBrewing »

Gizmo wrote: I agree, I've seen way too many of my favorite shows go on far too long just for the sake of ratings over story. (Dexter, How I met Your Mother, the Office, etc.). I wish more shows would just tell the story, even if it's just 1 or 2 seasons worth of quality, instead of pushing on and on and on and watering down what was once a great show.
Speaking of Dexter, I felt that season 4, I believe it was...with John Lithgow...was one of the best seasons of a show I've seen...His performance was amazing. Left me with chills.
Beer is Good. Beers Are Better