Coopers HME Cans in LBK?

Yes BrewDemon and Mr. Beer kits are pretty darn easy but sometime you need a little help from the Borg to get you on the right track. Post your questions here!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

rpatchy

Coopers HME Cans in LBK?

Post by rpatchy »

Hey guys, I know I know, another post from this new guy already? lol. Sorry, just trying to get all my questions out of the way early rather than ask after I mess one of my brews up :p
I live in Canada and it sucks to order from Mr.Beer because even if you order a bulk-supply you will always get charged a $25 service charge. I know amazon.com is free shipping for Mr.Beer stuff if you spend over a certain amount of money. I was just going to do that UNTIL I was grocery shopping the other day and just happened to notice that they sell Coopers cans of HME there!!! I couldn't believe I had never noticed it before. They were on sale so I bought two cans and was planning on just splitting the cans in half(since the cans are twice the size of Mr.B cans). If so, can I just wrap the other half up and refrigerate the rest of the malt or will it go bad? Also, could I just use the FULL Coopers can in the LBK or will that be too much malt? I also noticed they sold the Coopers Brew Enhancer 1 and 2. Are these just a dry version of Mr.Beers BrewMax LME Softpacks(Smooth/Pale/Robust/Golden)?
jpsherman
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Re: Coopers HME Cans in LBK?

Post by jpsherman »

You need to pour a thin layer of vodka onto the surface of the remaining HME, then wrap up tightly and refrigerate.

The vodka will keep unwelcome guest from partying in your HME during storage. Vodka also has a more neutral flavor than other liquors, so it doesn't affect your beer.
Fill with mingled cream and amber,
I will drain that glass again.
Such hilarious visions clamber
Through the chambers of my brain.
Quaintest thoughts — queerest fancies,
Come to life and fade away:
What care I how time advances?
I am drinking ale today.

– Edgar Allan Poe
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Everyone has to believe in something, I believe I'll have another drink--Oscar Wilde
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Giggle Squid Brewery
Fermenting:
Barleywine 2016

Conditioning:
Barleywine 8-27-2014 (only drinking on special occasions)

Drinking:
Apple Wine 2.0
Apple Wine 2.1
Jalapeno Ale
Dark Vanner
Dark and Hoppy Night
Liquid Gold
Mad Max
Dundee Ale
Magnum PA