MegaPot

There are so many gadgets and other stuff you can use to brew! Ask, learn and share what you got here!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

MegaPot

Post by berryman »

No not talking about winning the lottery, (but I wish I could) :) Do any of you have one of these and what is your opinion on it? http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/brew ... ettle.html I'm shopping............
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
Beer-lord

Re: MegaPot

Post by Beer-lord »

I don't have one but I watch alot of youtube homebrew videos and have heard one guy brag about how much he enjoys his.
Treat yourself and get the 15 gallon size. I started with a very good 9 gallon pot and now I never use it.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
kdhs10

Post by kdhs10 »

I just recently picked up a 15 gal with a valve and therm when midwest had a 15% off sale. Haven't used it yet but it seems really nice.
Bluejaye
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by Bluejaye »

I keep getting tempted to get one, but SWMBO keeps giving me the stink eye when I talk about buying more equipment that I technically don't need.
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

Bluejaye wrote:I keep getting tempted to get one, but SWMBO keeps giving me the stink eye when I talk about buying more equipment that I technically don't need.
Not to start a marriage war between you and your wife, but have her go with you to her closet and see how many purses, shoes, belts etc she has then hand her a bottle of Visine and see if that removes the stink eye. :jumpy:
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
DaYooper
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by DaYooper »

Bluejaye wrote:I keep getting tempted to get one, but SWMBO keeps giving me the stink eye when I talk about buying more equipment that I technically don't need.
If you sell the smaller one and get the big one so both arent around at the same time, perhaps you can convince her that "this is the same pot I have always had." I know my wife doesnt necessarily pay attention to the equipment per-se, but more the quantity of equipment that doesnt fit in the brew closet that she has to trip over on the way to the washing machine lol.
Silverleaf Vineyard & Winery / Old Mission Hops Exchange / Porchside Vineyard / The North York Brewing Company
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

I have one on the way.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

Mines on the way also. Got froggy and ordered the megapot 15 gallon with valve and thermwell late last night aswell as a few smaller items. Ordered their Petite Saison kit also.
Life is short, live it to it's fullest!
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

My Megapot arrived today, it is pretty and shiny. I know I could have bought something else cheaper and would do the same job, But I like the gal numbers on the inside, it appears to be of high quality. Now I'm going to punch a hole in it and put a bulkhead and 1/2 in. 1/4 turn valve in it.
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

berryman wrote:My Megapot arrived today, it is pretty and shiny. I know I could have bought something else cheaper and would do the same job, But I like the gal numbers on the inside, it appears to be of high quality. Now I'm going to punch a hole in it and put a bulkhead and 1/2 in. 1/4 turn valve in it.
Yea, it sure is purdy!!! I got mine with the valve and thermwell in it, I did not want to bugger up such a nice pot by eff'n up the holes... my luck runs that way! Which size did you get? I got the 15 gallon one, holy mackerel that thing is freaking huge, hope my burner can handle it.
Life is short, live it to it's fullest!
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

FrozenInTime wrote: Which size did you get?
I got the 10 gal. I mainly brew 5 gal extract and some partial BIAB, but shouldn't have a problem with that size once I get my mash tun built and want to do some 5 gal AG. It's so shiny I hate to take it out of the bag and use it.........
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison