WARNING

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Brewbirds
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: WARNING

Post by Brewbirds »

They also did something so that we can't get our content via the google cache method. Just tried five minutes ago.

I guess they thought we would be totally passive during the change and were shocked by the collective response so they are "pushing back" (aka upset :lol: ).
Sibling Brewers
mtsoxfan
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by mtsoxfan »

Why not just leave them alone, so they can die in peace.... or maybe others will revive it. But at this point, let them have their ball, no matter how flat it is...
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

I'm not really seeing a reason to bash the MB place. They tried something new, it bombed. They're trying to fix it. However, we've established a new home here, and I'm sure others will see us and find a home as well.
The Nong Brewery defines "Fermentation" as: Making "Rot" a Good Thing

:borg: Welcome to the BeerBorg Information Center. You will be assimilated. Resistance is Quite Futile: WE have BEER.
RickBeer
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by RickBeer »

Brewbirds wrote:They also did something so that we can't get our content via the google cache method. Just tried five minutes ago.
Not quite. Nobody controls Google's caching but Google. They cache webpages for a period of time, based on current content for the page. So, when Mr. Beer weeks ago nuked the pages totally, the cached pages were there. After 3 weeks, poof they're gone. Proof - Bing also has cached pages. Here's one of mine from 5 months ago... http://cc.bingj.com/cache.aspx?q=mr+bee ... _2QKwCemxP

People are giving the Mr. Beer folks credit for skills and motives that they don't possess. They screwed up an install, they've been very slow to fix the problems, and they can't communicate worth a damn. But the nefarious goals that people seem to be giving them are pretty silly.
I have over 9,000 posts on "another forum", which means absolutely nothing. Mr. Beer January 2014 Brewer of the Month with all the pomp and circumstance that comes with it...

Certificate in Brewing and Distillation Technology

Sites to find beer making supplies: Adventures in Homebrewing - Mr. Beer - MoreBeer
My Beer - click to reveal
Currently using 6 LBKs.

Beers I regularly brew:
Bell's Best Brown clone
Irish Hills Red - I call this "Ann Arbor Red"
Mackinac Island Red - I call this "Michigan Red"
Oatmeal Stout - I call this Not Fat, Stout - Oatmeal Stout

Bottled 5 gallons of Ann Arbor Red on 4/18/17. Bottled 5 gallons of Michigan Red on 5/8/17.

Brewed in 2017 - 22.13 gallons (19.91 in 2012, 48.06 in 2013, 61.39 in 2014, 84.26 in 2015,46.39 in 2016)
Brewed in lifetime - 282.14 gallons
Drinkable beer on hand -  13.58 cases, with 6.11 cases ready in May and early June.
Average cost per 12 pack through all beer brewed - $6.27(ingredients only)
RickBeer
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by RickBeer »

mtsoxfan wrote:We need to have a fundraiser to get FIT and Jim otta jail..... And rumor has it Louie may need bailing too...
I think FIT and Jim would share a cell nicely. Although if they tossed Louie in with them it could get ugly, the smallest guy generally has to pick up the soap. :opps:
I have over 9,000 posts on "another forum", which means absolutely nothing. Mr. Beer January 2014 Brewer of the Month with all the pomp and circumstance that comes with it...

Certificate in Brewing and Distillation Technology

Sites to find beer making supplies: Adventures in Homebrewing - Mr. Beer - MoreBeer
My Beer - click to reveal
Currently using 6 LBKs.

Beers I regularly brew:
Bell's Best Brown clone
Irish Hills Red - I call this "Ann Arbor Red"
Mackinac Island Red - I call this "Michigan Red"
Oatmeal Stout - I call this Not Fat, Stout - Oatmeal Stout

Bottled 5 gallons of Ann Arbor Red on 4/18/17. Bottled 5 gallons of Michigan Red on 5/8/17.

Brewed in 2017 - 22.13 gallons (19.91 in 2012, 48.06 in 2013, 61.39 in 2014, 84.26 in 2015,46.39 in 2016)
Brewed in lifetime - 282.14 gallons
Drinkable beer on hand -  13.58 cases, with 6.11 cases ready in May and early June.
Average cost per 12 pack through all beer brewed - $6.27(ingredients only)
Togorok

Post by Togorok »

Hey like I said before its their problem....for first time brewers like me who would get excited reading the forum was one click away from purchasing mr b products from the site.... Now im more than one click away and im exposed to other options now since Im not going thru the mrb main page to get to the forum.....sucks for them cause i just got a bonus
BrewDemon
Corp. Supporter
Corp. Supporter

Post by BrewDemon »

gwcr wrote:
BrewDemon wrote:
Tabasco wrote:If I want HME, and it's not frequent any more, I will consider MrB and BrewDemon. I've noticed that BrewDemon's HME refills ... the Signature Series especially ... are pricey. So, for me it will come down to value.

I don't know what the "this is your only warning" thing meant ... but in reality it can't mean any more than, "you'll be banned from community.mrbeer. pffffffffttttttttttt. No loss there.

I see a few posts about this borg are still up on MrB.
Tabasco, check out the individual ingredient prices…you can buy 2 signature malts (with yeast) for $18, then throw in that special 20% coupon I gave the BB and you get a 2 gallon signature recipe for just $14.40. Something to think about???
BrewDemon,

You seem to be blatantly trying to save people money with these sales and special coupons. This type of behavior will not be tolerated.

This is your only warning...

:lies:
Man, I almost got that typed with a straight face. Thanks again for your support and the coupon offer!!

:banana:
Ok but, we will keep offering you great deals even if it gets us banned! And we don't care if you mention Mr. Beer, Beer Machine, Northern Brewer or any other beer company. The best value gets your business.
Brewbirds
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Brewbirds »

People are giving the Mr. Beer folks credit for skills and motives that they don't possess. They screwed up an install, they've been very slow to fix the problems, and they can't communicate worth a damn. But the nefarious goals that people seem to be giving them are pretty silly.
Not me, I just don't know squat about forum technical stuff, I mentioned it because of the timing. I didn't even know what cache was until all that great content went away. No biggie I was just trying to find something from a long time ago.
Sibling Brewers
mtsoxfan
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by mtsoxfan »

Dag, that's what I was trying to say....

Rick, now that's funny.... all I can picture is Arnold Swatrzenegger. as the Freeze (aka FIT) picking up Mr Magoo (Louie) .... not a pretty sight.
BrewDemon
Corp. Supporter
Corp. Supporter

Post by BrewDemon »

Brewbirds wrote:
Not me, I just don't know squat about forum technical stuff, I mentioned it because of the timing. I didn't even know what cache was until all that great content went away. No biggie I was just trying to find something from a long time ago.
Try the WayBackMachine…if it was posted, you might find it here.

http://archive.org/web/web.php
gwcr

Post by gwcr »

I do think it would be good practice to let sleeping dogs lie at this point. Most everyone has made their feelings known both over there and here. No need to beat a dead borg. If any of us do choose to go over there and post, please be courteous and respectful. As the old saying goes, if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. Another saying also applies...silence can be deafening.
Fermenting: Bucket 1 - Fresh Squeezed IPA; Bucket 2 - Empty

Kegged: Keg 1 - Irish Red; Keg 2 - Cream Ale; Keg 3 - Amber Ale; Keg 4 - APA; Keg 5 - Empty; Keg 6 - Empty; Keg 7 - Empty
The reason why the above list is so small Home Theater Build
LouieMacGoo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LouieMacGoo »

gwcr wrote:I do think it would be good practice to let sleeping dogs lie at this point. Most everyone has made their feelings known both over there and here. No need to beat a dead borg. If any of us do choose to go over there and post, please be courteous and respectful. As the old saying goes, if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. Another saying also applies...silence can be deafening.
Well put Glen! Thank you! I am done poking the sleeping giant! I say we move forward, RDWHAHB, and help the new brewers that come here looking for assistance no matter where they come from! :homebrew: :drink:
Worrying can spoil the taste of beer more then anything else! ~ Charles Papazian

Find out more about Yeast, Hops, Grains and Cleaning & Sanitizing
Whats Brewing

Fermenting:

#40 - Citra-Nilla Cream Ale IPA - Brewed:9/20/15

Conditioning:
#39 - Dead Fly IPA - Brewed: 8/29/15 Bottled: 9/27/15
#38 - Apricot Hefeweizen (Colab w/Adam at SOL)- Brewed: 8/8/15

Drinking
#36 - Summer Wheat: Oberon Clone - Brewed: 7/11/15
#37 - Hickory Bourbon Honey Porter - Brewed: 7/18/15
#33 - Younger No. 1 Scottish Strong Ale - Brewed: 3/29/15
#28 - Hard Mulled Cider, Brewed 10/11/14 Kegged
#29 - Strawberry Lime Cider, Brewed/10/19/14 Kegged

Gone
#34 - Second Runnings IPA - Brewed: 3/29/15
#32 - Harvest Nugget Smash v2 (TBD) Brewed 11/27/14
#35 - Columbus Pale Ale - Brewed: 5/02/15
haerbob3
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by haerbob3 »

I am surprised that I never got that one but then again they kick me out on a regular basis for bashing them on the old forum, the new and facebook. I feel so unloved and unappreciated :jumpy: :laugh :laugh
im Leben Geduld ist eine Tugend
in Brau-es ist eine Anforderung

in life patience is a virtue
in brewing it is a requirement

You are stronger than you think you are!!!!
~~Andy Wesley 1973 -- 2013
SnakefetusBrewing

Post by SnakefetusBrewing »

Wings_Fan_In_KC wrote:
FrozenInTime wrote:This is good, I just recieved an e-mail from peter g, here it is as sent to me:

John,

Please refrain from blatantly posting urls to competitive websites on community.mrbeer.com.

This is your only warning.

Peter
This should be your reply:

Dear Peter:

Fix the goddamn forum or shut the f*ck up.

John

I know this was on the first page, but I just read it now and seriously could not stop laughing :muahaha:
Beer is Good. Beers Are Better
rickbray66
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by rickbray66 »

SnakefetusBrewing wrote:
Wings_Fan_In_KC wrote:
FrozenInTime wrote:This is good, I just recieved an e-mail from peter g, here it is as sent to me:

John,

Please refrain from blatantly posting urls to competitive websites on community.mrbeer.com.

This is your only warning.

Peter
This should be your reply:

Dear Peter:

Fix the goddamn forum or shut the f*ck up.

John

I know this was on the first page, but I just read it now and seriously could not stop laughing :muahaha:
Same here. :lol:

Rick