Bummed out

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Beer-lord

Re: Bummed out

Post by Beer-lord »

FrozenInTime wrote:
Whamolagan wrote:We need a hop pedal , oh wait we already got one of those
I don't have any pedals on mine, but I do love the way a VOX C15 makes my.... noise... sound much better.
Almost bough that Vox 5 or 6 years ago and went with the Egnater Tweaker 12 and a Vox ToneLab EX. One could almost make himself sound decent depending on the noise you set those devices to. :laugh
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
alb
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by alb »

I played acoustic guitar as a teenager, but what I really wanted to play was banjo. Couldn't afford one, though. Now I have a ukulele that I horse around with. I know enough chords to figure out the old songs my dad used to sing in the car, but I'd love to take some lessons and stop playing like a haole wahini (white girl).
Proprietress, The Napping Hound Tavern
serving marvelous food and magnificent beers from
Fool's Gold Brewing Co.
braukasper
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by braukasper »

FIT I hear you oh to be young and quick of finger again. After I had shattered by left shoulder and had the surgeries to get use of the arm back. I pretty much lost the fine motors skills to play USe to play in bands, played mainly blues, jazz, classic rock & metal. Shit I have a hard time being able to finish a song now. I mainly just mess around with scales and whatever amuses me at the time. For pedals I use the game rocksmith for guitar. Do not use any of the game functions. It does however have a wide range of effects built into the app. The app costs about the price of a single pedal. Playing is now part of my PT. I was diagnosed last year with a neurological disease. Sorry I rambled on just wanted to tell you enjoy playing for it's own sake and of the effects that are built into rocksmith.
Lebe das Leben. Um in vollen Zügen. Trinken zu Hause brauen!
Live life. To the fullest. Drink home brew!!
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

I've thought about rocksmith but I think my playing is about done. I can go through some notes/cords for a few minutes before my carpel tunnel reminds me I'm an old phart that can't use his hands for anything but 12 oz curls. I even drop those alot but I get it done.

What's bumming me out right now, I'm sitting listening to old music (1970s) and realizing kids of today don't have a clue what good music is. Little lone be able to play music that requires skill instead of plain old screaming and banging out notes that just don't make sense. Dayum, I'm getting old.
Life is short, live it to it's fullest!
braukasper
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by braukasper »

Know what you mean. Been lucky with the carpal the neurologist says I have it and should get it fixed but that at least doesn't bother me. My band days were in the mid 70's to mid 80's. The first band was a rock band in the disco days. We covered Zep, Black Sabbath, Floyd, Beatles, Stones and a lot of the old blues masters. i can only play one or two days week now. Any more and it is just too painful but making my noise helps keep me sorta sane.

~BobH
Lebe das Leben. Um in vollen Zügen. Trinken zu Hause brauen!
Live life. To the fullest. Drink home brew!!
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

I'm having CT troubles but it's the beginning and I'm sure it'll be worse. Playing heavy bar chord songs do get painful sometimes but as I pretty much only play with the gang on Wednesday nights, and only touch the instruments a few times the rest of the week, it's not been a problem.
It's hell getting old!
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

This might seem strange, but what has helped my CT and other hand/wrist issues a good bit lately is learning to spin a Jo staff in various ways and it's not easy for me to do it with my hands, so I had to start very slow. The spinning it isn't really a martial arts technique, although it can help you maybe get your staff into a position to perform a technique, but for the most part it just looks cool. But it's helping me do other things with my hands that they haven't wanted to do for a while. I can point anyone interested in playing around with it at a good youtube video that will get you going.