The No Post Post

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

DirtRacer
Brew Master
Brew Master

Re: The No Post Post

Post by DirtRacer »

Yankeedag wrote:
DirtRacer wrote:Just got the e-mail and downloaded the app. Now waiting for coffee to kick in so I can be functional enough to figure the app out. Glad to see we now have the ability to post on the go!
There isn't enough coffee on this or any other planet to make me "functional" enough to figure out apps. :rofl:
I feel I am slowly slipping in that direction. But at my age it shouldn't be happening. I got my first smartphone about 2 months ago and still I somehow accidentally call people.
Good judgment comes from experience, which comes from poor judgment.
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

DirtRacer wrote:
Yankeedag wrote:
DirtRacer wrote:Just got the e-mail and downloaded the app. Now waiting for coffee to kick in so I can be functional enough to figure the app out. Glad to see we now have the ability to post on the go!
There isn't enough coffee on this or any other planet to make me "functional" enough to figure out apps. :rofl:
I feel I am slowly slipping in that direction. But at my age it shouldn't be happening. I got my first smartphone about 2 months ago and still I somehow accidentally call people.
my phone is so smart, I don't know how to use it. :razz:
The Nong Brewery defines "Fermentation" as: Making "Rot" a Good Thing

:borg: Welcome to the BeerBorg Information Center. You will be assimilated. Resistance is Quite Futile: WE have BEER.
D_Rabbit
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by D_Rabbit »

My old club, Krausen Commandos, got published in zymurgy this past edition. Ill try to post it if i can find it. Has a photo of us from the brew day i was involved with for a decoction brew day. 15 hour brew day and 4 batches ranging from no decoction to triple decoction to determine if decoction mashing added anything to the final product. Pretty cool!
Howling Husky Brewing Company
Fermenting
Nothing at the moment

Kegged

Tap 1: Mango Saison
Tap 2: Southern Belle Brown Ale
Tap 3: Kings Porter - Robust Porter, 5.6% ABV
Tap 4: Empty :(
truckndad
Freshly Brewed
Freshly Brewed

Post by truckndad »

Doc appointment went good yesterday. Bad news is I've got a degenerative back. Good news is, I've got a degenerative back. WTF is he talking about you say? No, it's not the pain meds or the whiskey talking. LOL. My back is bad. It was just made that way. So the 20+ years of driving truck, literally millions of miles, the snowmobiling, the golfing, none of it made a difference. This was going to happen anyway. Maybe it happened a little sooner, but it was still going to happen. And after I'm healed from this one, I can continue to golf, white water raft, zip line, whatever. I have more back fusions coming, nothing's going to stop that. Doc says keep on living life. All my recreational stuff may mean the next one is in 8 years as opposed to 10 years, but like he says, is that really worth shutting down for? So my golf clubs won't go on Craigslist anytime soon, and next summer's vacation can still be fun.
And the brewing will re commence in mid January sometime. :-)
BlackDuck

Post by BlackDuck »

Good to see you again truckndad. Good thing those golf clubs can stay. Not sure what I would do if I had to give mine up!!
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Good to hear from you truckndad, When you start brewing again in January keep us informed on what's you got brewing. :clink:
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
Inkleg
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Inkleg »

Hey truckndad, good to see you again. Keep us updated with the beers and golf scores. :clink:
Naked Cat Brewery On Tap
Yazoo Sue Smoked Porter
Octoberfest
Le Petite Saison
Czech Pale Lager
A Toast to Big Fuzzy Russian Imperial Stout at 10%
Belgian Blond
Flower Power IPA
4 Kilts Clueless Belgian Strong
One Wort Two Yeast with Wyeast 2206
One Wort Two Yeast with WLP940
Shipwreck Saison
Rebel_B
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by Rebel_B »

Picked up a car in Waco, TX earlier this week, put it in a shop for some repairs, picked it up yesterday. The wife & I are now driving it back to Seattle for a fall road trip. We're bound for Albuquerque this afternoon. Then to the Grand Canyon, then up to Yellowstone. We're in a little Mini Cooper convertible. So far, so good! A bit disappointed with the lack of local craft beers in most taverns & restaurants in central Texas.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414259147.471958.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414259147.471958.jpg (32.58 KiB) Viewed 586 times
Drinking: Columbus Double India Pale Ale
Bottled/Conditioning: Trippel
Fermenting: Columbus Double India Pale Ale, Trippel
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

Have fun! That's a long trip in such a little car. Going to be a cold trip this time of year.
Life is short, live it to it's fullest!
Rebel_B
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by Rebel_B »

FrozenInTime wrote:Have fun! That's a long trip in such a little car. Going to be a cold trip this time of year.
Yes, but it is hot in Texas right now. Could go either way in Wyoming & Montana, whether it snows, or not.
Drinking: Columbus Double India Pale Ale
Bottled/Conditioning: Trippel
Fermenting: Columbus Double India Pale Ale, Trippel
Chuck N
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by Chuck N »

I must be the luckiest man in the whole freakin' world! LOML is letting me work with a STRIPPER! Yeah, baby!

Here's a picture of her at work...
stripper.jpg
stripper.jpg (158.01 KiB) Viewed 577 times
Here's a picture of the wood she gave me...
lumber.jpg
lumber.jpg (124.15 KiB) Viewed 577 times
Some of that wood is around a hundred years old and had two or three coats of paint over old spar varnish (some people are just criminal when it comes to old wood work).
Things men have made with wakened hands, and put soft life into
Are awake through years with transferred touch and go on glowing
For long years.
And for this reason some old things are lovely
Warm still with the life of forgotten men who made them.

― D.H. Lawrence
swenocha
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by swenocha »

This likely is only interesting to me, but it might interest any of you that travel through Nashville. After 79 batches with the old malt bill (of course, the Hop Project has the same malt bill every time, but different hops in every batch but #75, which was a Yazooligan voted-on repeat batch from a prior hop schedule), Yazoo has decided to forego the amber IPA in favor of a lighter one. The old malt bill was 66% 2row, 24% 20L, 10% Munich, which led to a dark amber color and a nice sweetness to balance out the hops. Starting with #80 (out this week), the bill replaces the crystal with 30% wheat malt, and some flaked oats and wheat. The oats provide a touch of sweetness, but it's otherwise a totally different animal from the old schedule. This new schedule really lets the hops shine. The #80 hop schedule is Bravo hops for bittering, and Citra and Falconer's Flight for flavor and aroma, dry-hopping. It rocks the socks. May be one of my favorite Hop Projects. If you're ever in Nashville, be sure to look up the Hop Project at the taproom, or I could be persuaded to send one out to you if you are nice...
Swenocha is a vast bastard of brewing knowledge - Wings_Fan_In_KC

Fermenting:
nada... zip...

Drinking:
nada... zip... maybe an N/A beer here and there...
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

I gave my hound dog Chester (AKA happy hound) a outdoor bath today and he wasn't real happy with it. I think he liked the warm soapy water when I scrubbed him, but didn't like the cold garden hose rinse job. I dried him off good, he has fleas and itches so I'm making him better whether he likes it or not.
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

Took a nice, quiet walk in the woods today, found an area where 3 huge deer runways crossed, lots of feed and water near by, several big areas were the field rats bed down. Set up a couple trail cameras, will go back mid week to retrieve them. We will set up a small blind in the area with the most activity, can't wait to get back out there with a bow in hand. I'm in the mood to hear twang/thump soon, this is the area: :jumpy:
Attachments
P1011613.JPG
P1011613.JPG (247.15 KiB) Viewed 561 times
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

Chuck N wrote: Here's a picture of the wood she gave me...
lumber.jpg
Some of that wood is around a hundred years old and had two or three coats of paint over old spar varnish (some people are just criminal when it comes to old wood work).
At the risk of sounding, well, strange, I like your wood!