The No Post Post

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: The No Post Post

Post by berryman »

Yankeedag wrote: Told him about this place. And a few other things....
I bet you did, He's probably scared strait now and might make some good beer on his first try.... :)
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
Chuck N
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by Chuck N »

As you know, they tell you you learn by your mistakes. And I strongly believe in the truth in that statement. So, under that philosophy, I should be on the fast track to becoming the smartest home brewer in the history of the world.

:p :p :whistle: :whistle:
Things men have made with wakened hands, and put soft life into
Are awake through years with transferred touch and go on glowing
For long years.
And for this reason some old things are lovely
Warm still with the life of forgotten men who made them.

― D.H. Lawrence
FedoraDave
FedoraDave
FedoraDave

Post by FedoraDave »

D_Rabbit wrote:Good night of bowling tonight! Won 2 of 3 games and had a great series. Shot 289, 269, 248 for an 806 series. Happy with the night overall!
Good Lord! I'm happy if I have a 500 series! Currently trying to get my average into the 160s.

Good job, Dan.
Obey The Hat!

http://www.homebrew-with-the-hat.com

Some regard me as a Sensei of Brewing
Fedora Brauhaus
Up Next:
Littlejohn's Ale
Fermenting/Conditioning
Old Smokey Amber Ale -- 100 Years War IPA -- Ottertoberfest
Drinking:
Rocking Chair Orange Wheat -- South Ferry Steam Beer
FedoraDave
FedoraDave
FedoraDave

Post by FedoraDave »

SWMBO and I spent a couple of hours at the mall yesterday, buying Crimmit gifts. Man, do I hate shopping at the mall, and especially in December! Two hours was two hours too many. But we got a lot of stuff, especially stuff we have to ship, so it was a successful day.

I was mostly a beast of burden on this trip, but we'd done our advance scouting before leaving the house, so we knew where we wanted to go and what we wanted to look for. A good job all around, really.

I bought SWMBO's presents online, and even found an extra item that I got, and can use for a Hanukkah present (she's Jewish, so we do both holidays). So I was patting myself on the back, thinking I was pretty much done, but then I realized that her birthday is Dec. 21, and I better make sure I get her something for her birthday, too.

December is a damn expensive month here at Casa Dave-Guy!
Obey The Hat!

http://www.homebrew-with-the-hat.com

Some regard me as a Sensei of Brewing
Fedora Brauhaus
Up Next:
Littlejohn's Ale
Fermenting/Conditioning
Old Smokey Amber Ale -- 100 Years War IPA -- Ottertoberfest
Drinking:
Rocking Chair Orange Wheat -- South Ferry Steam Beer
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

FedoraDave wrote:SWMBO and I spent a couple of hours at the mall yesterday, buying Crimmit gifts. Man, do I hate shopping at the mall, and especially in December! Two hours was two hours too many. But we got a lot of stuff, especially stuff we have to ship, so it was a successful day.

I was mostly a beast of burden on this trip, but we'd done our advance scouting before leaving the house, so we knew where we wanted to go and what we wanted to look for. A good job all around, really.

I bought SWMBO's presents online, and even found an extra item that I got, and can use for a Hanukkah present (she's Jewish, so we do both holidays). So I was patting myself on the back, thinking I was pretty much done, but then I realized that her birthday is Dec. 21, and I better make sure I get her something for her birthday, too.

December is a damn expensive month here at Casa Dave-Guy!
Aw, just do what the kids do... mix up some flour and water, make a hand print, give it to her.
The Nong Brewery defines "Fermentation" as: Making "Rot" a Good Thing

:borg: Welcome to the BeerBorg Information Center. You will be assimilated. Resistance is Quite Futile: WE have BEER.
Inkleg
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Inkleg »

Yankeedag wrote: mix up some flour and water, make a hand print, give it to her.
There are other ways to give her the gift of a hand print ;) :o , oh wait, this is not that kinda forum. :whistle: :lol:
Naked Cat Brewery On Tap
Yazoo Sue Smoked Porter
Octoberfest
Le Petite Saison
Czech Pale Lager
A Toast to Big Fuzzy Russian Imperial Stout at 10%
Belgian Blond
Flower Power IPA
4 Kilts Clueless Belgian Strong
One Wort Two Yeast with Wyeast 2206
One Wort Two Yeast with WLP940
Shipwreck Saison
D_Rabbit
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by D_Rabbit »

I can't wait till we are unpacked and I can enjoy a long weekend of NOTHING!! Spent all weekend again unpacking stuff, rearranging things, repacking stuff for space saving and installed a few light fixtures. There was a HUGE gaudy chandalier hanging in the dining room that needed to go since it seemed too heavy for the ceiling and the tape line was starting to crack from the weight. Either way I am exhausted from the weekend and have another 5 days until another one!
Howling Husky Brewing Company
Fermenting
Nothing at the moment

Kegged

Tap 1: Mango Saison
Tap 2: Southern Belle Brown Ale
Tap 3: Kings Porter - Robust Porter, 5.6% ABV
Tap 4: Empty :(
Inkleg
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Inkleg »

Sitting in the bathroom with our garage kitty Silere (take the words Still Here, subtract some letters and you have her name). Noticed a few days ago she had not been eating the food we have for her. No big deal I thought as she has taken with the next door neighbor kids and they have even been having her in their house. Was going to talk to them yesterday just to see if they had been feeding her just so I know she's fed and alright. Well she was home when I'd finished walking the dogs yesterday, heck I've seen her next door the last 3 days laying on their car, just like all is ok.

Well it turns out she'd been in a cat fight. A bite on her right side had scabbed over and become infected. She went to the vet today, wore the Hannibal Lector mask (garage kitty can get pissy), shaved, cleaned up and a antibiotic shot. She has a wound a silver dollar won't cover, will make a full recovery, but has to stay inside for a few days. She's a furry-purry kitty right now, but I know she wants to be outside.
Naked Cat Brewery On Tap
Yazoo Sue Smoked Porter
Octoberfest
Le Petite Saison
Czech Pale Lager
A Toast to Big Fuzzy Russian Imperial Stout at 10%
Belgian Blond
Flower Power IPA
4 Kilts Clueless Belgian Strong
One Wort Two Yeast with Wyeast 2206
One Wort Two Yeast with WLP940
Shipwreck Saison
Crazy Climber
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by Crazy Climber »

Hey -- it’s been a while.

Life has been crazy-busy for the past couple of months. It’s pathetic that the only time I’ve had for the Borg lately was a few minutes per week to make my NFL Survivor Pool picks!

I don’t expect life to slow down much until early 2015, but I hope to "drop by" a little more frequently than I have been.

Brewing has been a frustrating challenge lately – more to come on that in its own thread.

Glad to see new members arriving! Reminds me of the good ol’ days over at the MB site, where Christmas and Father's Day would generate a big batch of new members. As I see it, today’s Newbs are tomorrow’s Old Friends.
Crazy Climber:
I'm not particularly crazy (IMO), and I don't rock-climb. It's just the name of a video game I used to like to play, back in the 80's.
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Watched this on Facebook tonight. What you think?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Sl6-QW ... e=youtu.be
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

Quick note: you should add your cold water to your fermenter before adding the hot mixture, not after like I did in the video. That way your fermenter won't be stressed by the heat and will last a lot longer. Happy brewing!
I think he left a lot out but I think with the instructions in the kits, most should be just fine.
Other than that, he needs a comb for his hair. This coming from a guy who is losing his. :jumpy:
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Beer-lord wrote:
Quick note: you should add your cold water to your fermenter before adding the hot mixture,:
First thing I noticed that wasn't quite the right way. Second thing...one week in the fementer? Come on at least say two weeks.
Beer-lord wrote:
Other than that, he needs a comb for his hair.
Yea but ok for a young guy that stayed up all night to make a Video about making beer. You should see this old guys hair after a long day of brewing, I need a extra heavy Duty comb :)
Other then that a good plug for brewdemon and a good video....
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
BlackDuck

Post by BlackDuck »

Not a bad video really. He did a pretty good plug for BrewDemon.
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
jimjohson
Brewer of the Month
Brewer of the Month

Post by jimjohson »

It keeps stopping, I even went to you tube on another tab and so far; I'm 30 min into a 13 min video and only half way(how's that for stubborn?). . I don't get it I don't have this problem watching movies on you tube, they run just fine.

edit; about 5 more min of screwing around then it ran fine...weird
seriously? 2 weeks total, can to glass?
"Filled with mingled cream and amber
I will drain that glass again.
Such hilarious visions clamber
Through the chambers of my brain
-- Quaintest thoughts -- Queerest fancies
Come to life and fade away;
Who cares how time advances?
I am drinking ale today."

Edgar Allan Poe
Rebel_B
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by Rebel_B »

Had a good chat with a customer buying material for their new taproom at their new brewery in Seattle: http://blog.holymountainbrewing.com
Turns out he is also a customer of my LHBS, we know a bunch of the same people; small world!
Drinking: Columbus Double India Pale Ale
Bottled/Conditioning: Trippel
Fermenting: Columbus Double India Pale Ale, Trippel