Nano Brewery Startup

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

BigPapaG
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Re: Nano Brewery Startup

Post by BigPapaG »

Once again, best of luck to you Eddie!

:cool:
Funky Skunk Brewing
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by Funky Skunk Brewing »

It's been a while since my last update on our progress, due more to us preparing to list our house here in Florida to sale and get everything wrapped up in North Carolina with our new house there.

So our house has been on the market for three weeks now and we have had some good showings so far. No offers yet but it's still early. Just got word today we will be heading to North Carolina the first week of November and wanted to share some pictures of the future site of Funky Skunk Brewing. It will be housed in the garage next to our new house in Otto, NC and will offer us a chance to break into this game on a smaller level, get our feet wet and see where we can go from there.

So below are some pics of the future brew house. Obviously it is not 100% done at this point, but you get the general idea. If we can have a tasting room not a lot of small nano breweries will have a view and seating area like ours in the area. The dimensions are 22 x 18 and offers more than enough room for not only our brewing system, but also seating areas should we be able to put a tasting room in this location per the zoning of the location. It's great to know we are closer and closer to getting there and once we are actually 100% moved, the fun (and paperwork) begin to get this moving forward very quickly.

First thing is to file the LLC, county and state paperwork now that we have a physical address in North Carolina. After those clear and we are a "legal business", the fun with the North Carolina ABC and the TTB begins with their paperwork, filings, paperwork, red tape, paperwork, etc. These are our first steps to making this an actual reality. Very exciting times right now and I am looking forward to sharing all of our progress with the Borg.

Outside front of the building

Deck from the rear of the building facing our new house

Deck from the rear of the building facing the opposite direction and facing the creek that runs under/behind the building and our house

Shot from the back deck of our house up to the building which will house the brewery
Eddie Garrison
Funky Skunk Brewing
Making Every Ounce Count
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

Very nice. Best of luck on the move.
Who's gonna carry those 50 lb sacks of grain up the steep climb? (remember I live in flat country!)
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
Funky Skunk Brewing
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Beer-lord wrote:Very nice. Best of luck on the move.
Who's gonna carry those 50 lb sacks of grain up the steep climb? (remember I live in flat country!)
Thank you!

Actually, it will be very easy as trucks have already been delivering other items to the house and we have been storing them in the garage, so it's not that difficult actually. Makes it easier with the big garage door rather than trying to maneuver a dolly through a standard sized door.
Eddie Garrison
Funky Skunk Brewing
Making Every Ounce Count
John Sand
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by John Sand »

Looks great, and Looks Great, Eddie! Best of luck, keep us posted.
Making beer and stew for the Zombie Apocalypse.
Never mind, there it is.
philm00x

Post by philm00x »

That looks like an awesome location, and a hell of a view!
Official page of Mr. Rufus Brewing Co.

Up Next
Koning Oranje

Currently at Mr. Rufus Brewing Co.
Fermenting
Nothing :(
Conditioning
Nothing :(
Drinking
58. Choco Brown
60. Etcitra, Etcitra
61. Bubs' Pale Wheat Xtra
62. Ottoberfest
Brew Queue
ROAR! Bacon
Bombay
Saint Sebastian Tripel
Bubs' Pale Ale

gwcr

Post by gwcr »

Fantastic! Thanks for the update, and keep the details coming!
Fermenting: Bucket 1 - Fresh Squeezed IPA; Bucket 2 - Empty

Kegged: Keg 1 - Irish Red; Keg 2 - Cream Ale; Keg 3 - Amber Ale; Keg 4 - APA; Keg 5 - Empty; Keg 6 - Empty; Keg 7 - Empty
The reason why the above list is so small Home Theater Build
Inkleg
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Inkleg »

That's great Eddie, all the best and thanks for the update.
Naked Cat Brewery On Tap
Yazoo Sue Smoked Porter
Octoberfest
Le Petite Saison
Czech Pale Lager
A Toast to Big Fuzzy Russian Imperial Stout at 10%
Belgian Blond
Flower Power IPA
4 Kilts Clueless Belgian Strong
One Wort Two Yeast with Wyeast 2206
One Wort Two Yeast with WLP940
Shipwreck Saison
DaYooper
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by DaYooper »

Love that view!
Silverleaf Vineyard & Winery / Old Mission Hops Exchange / Porchside Vineyard / The North York Brewing Company
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Thanks for the update Eddie, looks good, nice looking place. But being the redneck I am, I would sit on that deck in a easy chair with a beer and rifle and wait for a nice buck to come to the creek from that field in the third pic.. Would have to clear a few shooting lanes though and see what's on the other side of the field if any other houses or roads there. Good luck on your beer brewery, if you have a deer problem I'll come down and help. I work cheap, Just BEER.............. :)
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

Cool, good luck with the move and the new start-up!
Life is short, live it to it's fullest!
Crazy Climber
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by Crazy Climber »

If I'm ever in the greater Otto metropolitan area, I know where I'm stopping! Looks like a location that has a lot of potential for success, IMO. Obviously, brew quality is job #1, but having an attractive destination for enjoying a tasting room is also important to potential customers.

Keep us posted - and good luck!
Crazy Climber:
I'm not particularly crazy (IMO), and I don't rock-climb. It's just the name of a video game I used to like to play, back in the 80's.
Funky Skunk Brewing
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Thanks as always for the support and encouragement from the Borg!!! News today, we received an offer on our house this morning and we are countering, waiting, countering .... I'm sure everyone knows this process. Fingers, toes, paws & tails (dog owners) all crossed right now.

We will be in North Carolina before Thanksgiving either way and looking to get moved in personally and the brewing equipment as well. You have to have the brewery set up before the local ABC and TTB people will come out and let you know if you can do it or not. Loads still to do but it is beginning to reach the point where actual work on the brewery will start to take shape and get under way. Exciting times!!!
Eddie Garrison
Funky Skunk Brewing
Making Every Ounce Count