The No Post Post

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Re: The No Post Post

Post by FrozenInTime »

low 40's here at night now, 60 during the day.... time to start the campfires, snow will be here soon.
Life is short, live it to it's fullest!
Inkleg
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Inkleg »

FrozenInTime wrote: snow will be here soon.
Uhm, you have fun with that, ok. I still have another 6 months of wearing shorts.
Naked Cat Brewery On Tap
Yazoo Sue Smoked Porter
Octoberfest
Le Petite Saison
Czech Pale Lager
A Toast to Big Fuzzy Russian Imperial Stout at 10%
Belgian Blond
Flower Power IPA
4 Kilts Clueless Belgian Strong
One Wort Two Yeast with Wyeast 2206
One Wort Two Yeast with WLP940
Shipwreck Saison
philm00x

Post by philm00x »

Woohoo I went to the LHBS today and got some ingredients! Anxious to brew again.
Official page of Mr. Rufus Brewing Co.

Up Next
Koning Oranje

Currently at Mr. Rufus Brewing Co.
Fermenting
Nothing :(
Conditioning
Nothing :(
Drinking
58. Choco Brown
60. Etcitra, Etcitra
61. Bubs' Pale Wheat Xtra
62. Ottoberfest
Brew Queue
ROAR! Bacon
Bombay
Saint Sebastian Tripel
Bubs' Pale Ale

FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

Inkleg wrote:
FrozenInTime wrote: snow will be here soon.
Uhm, you have fun with that, ok. I still have another 6 months of wearing shorts.
LOL, even when it snows where, we still wear shorts. Don't break out the jeans til after xmas.
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

Grrr.... darn double post.

I've gone ice fishing in shorts and tshirt ink, you would fit right in.
Inkleg
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Inkleg »

FrozenInTime wrote:Grrr.... darn double post.

I've gone ice fishing in shorts and tshirt ink, you would fit right in.
Your right FIT I probably would, except for that snow part. I wear shorts year round, have kilts for when I don't want to wear shorts.
Naked Cat Brewery On Tap
Yazoo Sue Smoked Porter
Octoberfest
Le Petite Saison
Czech Pale Lager
Belgian Blond
Flower Power IPA
Shipwreck Saison
jimjohson
Brewer of the Month
Brewer of the Month

Post by jimjohson »

yeah they got these shacks with floors and a trap door and heaters. just pull 'em right out on to the ice.
"Filled with mingled cream and amber
I will drain that glass again.
Such hilarious visions clamber
Through the chambers of my brain
-- Quaintest thoughts -- Queerest fancies
Come to life and fade away;
Who cares how time advances?
I am drinking ale today."

Edgar Allan Poe
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

jimjohson wrote:yeah they got these shacks with floors and a trap door and heaters. just pull 'em right out on to the ice.
Had a couple of those, sold them. I prefer to sit on a lawn chair next to the hole, pole in one hand, homebrew in the other and hope I don't become bait... LOL
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

Bump
The Nong Brewery defines "Fermentation" as: Making "Rot" a Good Thing

:borg: Welcome to the BeerBorg Information Center. You will be assimilated. Resistance is Quite Futile: WE have BEER.
FedoraDave
FedoraDave
FedoraDave

Post by FedoraDave »

Went to the LHBS this afternoon. Usually I go on Saturdays, but it occurred to me that I'll want to make a yeast starter, probably Friday night after bowling, so since I got home from work earlier than usual, I figured it was my best chance. I needed grains and hops, too, obviously. The grain was easy. I had the Munich already, so all I needed was the 2-row Pale Ale malt, and that's plentiful. Got the right yeast, too. Since I'm doing a Cali Common, I wanted the WLP 810 - San Francisco Lager Yeast. Went to look for the Northern Brewer hops.... and I got SWENNED!

Seriously, they had no Northern Brewer. Well, according to a chart the guy had, Nugget is a good substitute for NB, but I would have preferred the genuine article. I'll still have beer, but I really want to brew this with Northern Brewer.
Obey The Hat!

http://www.homebrew-with-the-hat.com

Some regard me as a Sensei of Brewing
Fedora Brauhaus
Up Next:
Littlejohn's Ale
Fermenting/Conditioning
Old Smokey Amber Ale -- 100 Years War IPA -- Ottertoberfest
Drinking:
Rocking Chair Orange Wheat -- South Ferry Steam Beer
Crazy Climber
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by Crazy Climber »

FedoraDave wrote:Went to the LHBS this afternoon. Usually I go on Saturdays, but it occurred to me that I'll want to make a yeast starter, probably Friday night after bowling, so since I got home from work earlier than usual, I figured it was my best chance. I needed grains and hops, too, obviously. The grain was easy. I had the Munich already, so all I needed was the 2-row Pale Ale malt, and that's plentiful. Got the right yeast, too. Since I'm doing a Cali Common, I wanted the WLP 810 - San Francisco Lager Yeast. Went to look for the Northern Brewer hops.... and I got SWENNED!

Seriously, they had no Northern Brewer. Well, according to a chart the guy had, Nugget is a good substitute for NB, but I would have preferred the genuine article. I'll still have beer, but I really want to brew this with Northern Brewer.
Bummer - that can be frustrating, when a key ingredient is not available. Makes it tough to "support the local guys" when you run into that situation, and know that if you ordered from an online mega-HBS you'd be able to get everything you want.

I'm heading to my LHBS in a couple of hours, and am concerned because quite often they're out of 1 or 2 things that I want. But they're a drop-off location for a competition that I'm entering, so I'm going local this time regardless. Fingers crossed...
Crazy Climber:
I'm not particularly crazy (IMO), and I don't rock-climb. It's just the name of a video game I used to like to play, back in the 80's.
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

Ah, getting use to the new craptop.
Update attempt #2.
Hoopy has taken the hearts of a family in Rockport Texas. The little Yo caro todo leads them on the walk to the bus stop for the kids. She was caught dressing up for a Halloween party. (we never allowed that...were we bad parents?) :fedora:

Snitty, the one trick Weiner Head, has her new providers under her spell. She runs up, and then flips and slides on her back, tail going 50 bazillion beats a min. Has to have her enormously long belly rubbed before she'll get up. She is convincing her new provider that her biskie reserve is running low and needs to get after making some new batches. :banana:

Tilly the terrorist waited 2 weeks before deciding to run through the door to go out side for something...um, and totally ignoring the fact that the screen door was closed. Rust in pieces screen door. :whistle:

Progress on Der Bagel continues. Working on the Generator, cleaning it up, will put it back together today..I hope. :jumpy:
The Nong Brewery defines "Fermentation" as: Making "Rot" a Good Thing

:borg: Welcome to the BeerBorg Information Center. You will be assimilated. Resistance is Quite Futile: WE have BEER.
Inkleg
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Inkleg »

Thanks for the update. Glad all the anzamils are doing well.
Naked Cat Brewery On Tap
Yazoo Sue Smoked Porter
Octoberfest
Le Petite Saison
Czech Pale Lager
Belgian Blond
Flower Power IPA
Shipwreck Saison
BlackDuck

Post by BlackDuck »

I stopped at a Giant Eagle to see if I could fine a 6 pack of the Sierra Nevada Flipside IPA. The store is a little out of the way going home, but they have a really good beer selection. They didn't have the Flipside.....but I did end up picking a couple other things up while I was there:

Stone 17th Anniversary Gotterdammerung IPA - I've been looking for this for a while.
Stone Vertical Epic 12.12.12. - Unfortunately, I have just recently learned of these recipes. So the last in the Vertical Epic series will be my first.
Stone Old Guardian Barley Wine Ale - I've never had a Barley Wine Ale, so it's about time I did.

And I must say that I think I will start to go out of my way a little more often, just to see what they have.
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
rickbray66
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by rickbray66 »

Yankeedag wrote:Ah, getting use to the new craptop.
Update attempt #2.
Hoopy has taken the hearts of a family in Rockport Texas. The little Yo caro todo leads them on the walk to the bus stop for the kids. She was caught dressing up for a Halloween party. (we never allowed that...were we bad parents?) :fedora:

Snitty, the one trick Weiner Head, has her new providers under her spell. She runs up, and then flips and slides on her back, tail going 50 bazillion beats a min. Has to have her enormously long belly rubbed before she'll get up. She is convincing her new provider that her biskie reserve is running low and needs to get after making some new batches. :banana:

Tilly the terrorist waited 2 weeks before deciding to run through the door to go out side for something...um, and totally ignoring the fact that the screen door was closed. Rust in pieces screen door. :whistle:

Progress on Der Bagel continues. Working on the Generator, cleaning it up, will put it back together today..I hope. :jumpy:
Glad to hear all is well.

Rick