how would this work

Recipes based on BrewDemon Extracts and refills.

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

mregione

how would this work

Post by mregione »

wondering how this would work out: buy a cult classic american ale refill (not the kit, just the hme) and add 1 lb lme and ferment in mr beer lbk. I want to try the brewdemon kits but don't want to buy another fermenter since I have the lbk's already.
zorak1066
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Re: how would this work

Post by zorak1066 »

should work rather nicely... I believe the volume of water used in BD and MRB kits to be the same. yeast don't care what you ferment in as long as there is food and oxygen at the start. I did a BD HME/LME in a 2.5 gallon plastic beverage dispenser...(food grade) and it came out fine. next time though I will use safale or notty. I didn't care for the brewdemon dry yeast. you can even buy 5 gallon kits and split them in 2 lbks if you don't mind a little risk of blow out.
DaYooper
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by DaYooper »

In fact, BrewDemon malts are the old Mr. Beer malts before Coopers bought MrB and they switched to Coopers malts (for obvious reasons).
Silverleaf Vineyard & Winery / Old Mission Hops Exchange / Porchside Vineyard / The North York Brewing Company
Gman20
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by Gman20 »

i added 1# of wheat dme to it also boiled some mt hood hops for like 20 mins before i added can also changed yeast to T-58

let me tell u this batch tasted way better than just using that can by itself that i had made my first time