Founders Devil Dancer

Provide a review, whether it's from another Borg member or a commercial beer that you really like, this is the place to share! Cheers!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

RedBEERd
Braumeister
Braumeister

Founders Devil Dancer

Post by RedBEERd »

So I decided to try a few Founder's that I haven't yet had and by doing so, spent too much money. Being the IPA junkie that I am, I figured that their Triple IPA, Devil Dancer, may be worthwhile.....it's almost $20 a FOUR PACK! So I just bought one 12 oz and paid $5 and figured it was all for science.
It's 112 IBU's and 12% abv.....and really, more than a 12oz bottle just isn't necessary. it's a lil more bitter than I like my beer and I do get the heat a bit from the high abv but I'm not really a huge fan of it. Might want a 10oz snifter of it in draft but other than that, won't buy it again.

Did sample their porter and that was just a bit above average.

I still have a 750 ml of their double/imperial, Dissenter to try but that'll be for another day, maybe labor day weekend when the beerlord and I are bottling/kegging my Speed Racer..........(took a reading last night and it was dead on 1.020 so it's time to dry hop it this week....and I did a taste test and DO in fact get the Racer 5 taste so I'm very anxious to get one of these down the gullet in a few weeks )
swenocha
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Re: Founders Devil Dancer

Post by swenocha »

I love Founders, but I'm not a huge fan of the TIPA (to be honest, most DIPAs and higher don't work for me... but that's personal pref). Be sure to try their standard and DIPA (Centennial and Double Trouble) if you like a well crafted IPA. Their malt bombs (the Bastards) are excellent as well. One of the best breweries in the country, IMHO.
Swenocha is a vast bastard of brewing knowledge - Wings_Fan_In_KC

Fermenting:
nada... zip...

Drinking:
nada... zip... maybe an N/A beer here and there...
RedBEERd
Braumeister
Braumeister

Re: Founders Devil Dancer

Post by RedBEERd »

I have tried the Centennial and it's very good. Also tried the All Day IPA....liked it better than the Stone Go To IPA.
They do make a good quality product, no doubt.