Stouts

Provide a review, whether it's from another Borg member or a commercial beer that you really like, this is the place to share! Cheers!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

RedBEERd
Braumeister
Braumeister

Stouts

Post by RedBEERd »

I recently tried two stouts that I thought I'd share with the Borg....I'm not necessarily the biggest stout guy but when I have them, I enjoy them immensely. You've likely heard me and Beerlord post about Mystery Romp from Crooked Letter Brewery in Ocean Springs Mississippi....it's a LOVELY, dark, roasty, COFFEE..... chocolate creamy lusciousness of love. Ok, I'm getting carried away but really, they have a coffee company make a proprietary coffee mix for this beer and it IS GOOD. So I try these when I can.

Recently me and Beerlord came upon a new company out of Chicago (GO CUBBIES) that is only 3 years old called Finch's. We tried their stout and it is GOOD.........uses real vanilla beans in it. It's not as creamy as some but it's really roasty and good. I also just tried tonite a Brooklyn Chocolate stout that is in EVERY WAY a stout, but not roasty enough for my taste, tho excellent quality.

I'm sure Ron knows ALL about these but I promise to bring him a few when the weather's cold and it's snowing in Nashville and we're roasting chestnuts on the deck............sorry Ron.....

Seriously, I know I'm a HOP GUY but I do like good quality beers of any kind and this week the weather down in Nawlins is _#(*)$*ING awesome so it's serious beer drinking time.

Beer-lord

Re: Stouts

Post by Beer-lord »

I approve this message......sort of. Well, all but the CUBBIES part.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black