Odell Friek

Provide a review, whether it's from another Borg member or a commercial beer that you really like, this is the place to share! Cheers!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Gymrat
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Odell Friek

Post by Gymrat »

Got it on tap. Very nice reddish color. Low foaming. Took a sip. One if the nastiest tasting things I have ever put in my mouth. Its like someone put something horribly tart in a shot of whiskey. Thank heavens I had a Odell IPA to wash that horrible stuff out of my mouth with. Would not recommend to a friend. Would recommend to a politician.
Whamolagan
Braumeister
Braumeister

Re: Odell Friek

Post by Whamolagan »

A local brewery opened up near me, and they had their IPA on tap at the restaurant I took my wife to on valentines day. I wanted to try the Stone pale 2.0, and she tried the IPA. Tasted like grass clippings and pine needles. Thanks for the heads up rat
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

@Gymrat, do you like Lindemans Kriek? Or Lambics in general?

Just wondering if sours are not your thing, or if that sour really is one of those "American fooking sour" things that's not like a well balanced Belgian sour. (many of them are just over the top).
Gymrat
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Gymrat »

mashani wrote:@Gymrat, do you like Lindemans Kriek? Or Lambics in general?

Just wondering if sours are not your thing, or if that sour really is one of those "American fooking sour" things that's not like a well balanced Belgian sour. (many of them are just over the top).
I have never tried either one of those.
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

I read your review to my wife last night saying that it's one of the only reviews written that actually helps by telling you what the beer tastes like. :lol: