Mikkeller Mosaic Black IPA

Provide a review, whether it's from another Borg member or a commercial beer that you really like, this is the place to share! Cheers!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Beer-lord

Mikkeller Mosaic Black IPA

Post by Beer-lord »

A new bottle shop opened up in the area and though they are not fully stocked, I stopped by yesterday to see what they had. The new owner was friendly and interested in what beer I like and asked if I had any thoughts about what would make his place more enjoyable. As I was only in there for a short time, I opted to say nothing but appreciated his asking. He still has been to come in so in a few weeks, I'll go back and see what's new.
One of the one's I grabbed was the Mosaic Black IPA. 6.9% ABV and I'm not sure how he got this because as far as I can tell, there's no distribution here but maybe that's coming.
It poured a dark black, had a semi-roasty and hoppy aroma. The beer was only mildly roasted and the hops and malts did a good job of working with each other. I'm not a huge fan of too much Mosaic but with some hops, it really works and I've not had an all Mosaic beer before and I'm not even sure if it was all Mosaic or not (not much to find out online about this beer)
It was an enjoyable beer and did fit in the black IPA profile so if you like that sort of thing, grab one.
We had another Pliny last night and of course, that stole the show. Gotta love the beer we have on Wednesday band nights! :banana:
Attachments
IMG_1864.JPG
IMG_1864.JPG (339.26 KiB) Viewed 554 times
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: Mikkeller Mosaic Black IPA

Post by Kealia »

So....would I like this or too roasty for me?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

Its not roasty enough for me but it still has a decent amount in it so I think you should just buy a sixer, try one then send the other 5 to me.
Your welcome!
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

If I see it I'll try it.

My two beers with Mosiac - the Fuggles + Mosiac ESB, and the Rye IPL with Columbus, Simcoe and Mosiac are nice. Where I didn't like the beer I made in the past that was just Mosiac so much. I think it plays against other hops better then it stands alone. But maybe against a bit of roastyness I'd like it more as a stand alone hop, I dunno.

I think I'd like Styrian Goldings + Mosiac too, and will try that in a beer at some point.