The No Post Post

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Inkleg
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: The No Post Post

Post by Inkleg »

Rebel_B wrote:Had a good chat with a customer buying material for their new taproom at their new brewery in Seattle: http://blog.holymountainbrewing.com
Turns out he is also a customer of my LHBS, we know a bunch of the same people; small world!
That's pretty cool Rebel! Reading through the blog, it seems like they have the right attitude to make it and be happy while doing it. :clink:
Naked Cat Brewery On Tap
Yazoo Sue Smoked Porter
Octoberfest
Le Petite Saison
Czech Pale Lager
A Toast to Big Fuzzy Russian Imperial Stout at 10%
Belgian Blond
Flower Power IPA
4 Kilts Clueless Belgian Strong
One Wort Two Yeast with Wyeast 2206
One Wort Two Yeast with WLP940
Shipwreck Saison
Rebel_B
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by Rebel_B »

Home brewers at heart; embracing the beer community. People clamor for the IPAs, but they are going to do less common barrel aged ales.
Drinking: Columbus Double India Pale Ale
Bottled/Conditioning: Trippel
Fermenting: Columbus Double India Pale Ale, Trippel
Inkleg
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Inkleg »

If they ever bottle those sours, I'll gladly foot the bill to send some my way.
Naked Cat Brewery On Tap
Yazoo Sue Smoked Porter
Octoberfest
Le Petite Saison
Czech Pale Lager
A Toast to Big Fuzzy Russian Imperial Stout at 10%
Belgian Blond
Flower Power IPA
4 Kilts Clueless Belgian Strong
One Wort Two Yeast with Wyeast 2206
One Wort Two Yeast with WLP940
Shipwreck Saison
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Last Sunday just after dark I was getting ready to call it a night after bottling some beer, drinking some beers and cleaning up. I let my hound dog Chester out the basement door to go do his thing and then bring him upstairs with me, the same time I opened the door and he went out my cell starting ringing and it was my wife, before I could answer it there goes Chester, hound dog baying in hot pursuit of what I thought was a coyote. I thought oh sh1tt he'll be gone to the next county and I'll have a hard time finding him. I yelled for him a few times and to my relief he came right back. By then the wife came out and said it was a young husky with a collar and a broken chain and it was on our porch looking in the sliding door, she was going to catch it and called me to not let my dog out.. too late. My wife is the town clerk and does a lot with missing/lost dogs and was going to catch it and call the dog warden she works with to find the owner. Chester ruined that plan, he's absolutely not a mean dog but he doesn't like trespassers on his territory. The next day my wife found the owner to the dog and he got it safely home. We always feel bad when we see a stray dog, most of the time they are just lost and want to go back home to their family. A happy ending.
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
D_Rabbit
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by D_Rabbit »

wow, just wow. The past 2 weeks have been nuts!! Get back from thankgiving in CT and right away i'm slammed with work. Get an email this past Monday from my supervisor that went out to our team stating "due to the slow intake of claims recently you may receive a few "fast track" claims." First of all, fast track claims are just claims that are simple and don't involve a lot of leg work or inspections. Second of all, I was told when I started we would average maybe.... MAYBE 8-10 claims per week, 2 per day. For the past 5-6 weeks I have had to email my supervisor by Wednesday to tell him to stop sending me claims because I was at 10-11 already. I have been receiving 6-8 on mondays alone lately. So I emailed him back asking where the low volumes were because I haven't seen less than 10 in 5-6 weeks. His response was to not worry because I was not on that list. I than replied to him asking to remove me from the system because I received 7 claims by 4pm on Monday.

I typically don't mind the volume and the 10 claims max per week is pretty reasonable.... if you don't receive them all in one day! Starting to get burnt out and have had no time to shop for the wife for xmas! Hoping to take a few hours tomorrow to stop and get the gift I have been eye balling for a week now. Hope everyone elses holiday season isn't quite so crazy but I'm sure that is an oxymoron in itself!
Howling Husky Brewing Company
Fermenting
Nothing at the moment

Kegged

Tap 1: Mango Saison
Tap 2: Southern Belle Brown Ale
Tap 3: Kings Porter - Robust Porter, 5.6% ABV
Tap 4: Empty :(
JohnSant
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by JohnSant »

D- Rabbit, can't help you on your shopping but was able to get my wife her gift Tuesday. Was real simple picked her up an new 2015 Ford Fusion With Bronze Fire paint looks good. Couldn't find a place under the tree so just left on the drive. Wonder if she likes it? :flag:
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

The Auzziechickypoo and I are going for a 3 hour one way drive this Saturday in hopes of getting two new family members... two Dachshunds. She says one, but I know better. WienerHeads... gotta love 'em.
The Nong Brewery defines "Fermentation" as: Making "Rot" a Good Thing

:borg: Welcome to the BeerBorg Information Center. You will be assimilated. Resistance is Quite Futile: WE have BEER.
Chuck N
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by Chuck N »

Hey Brew Birdies!

Did you move to Minnesota without letting any of us know? :lol: I remember how you were worried about driving on snow and ice.

We got called out to a roll-over early this morning and when we (the FD) got out on to the highway it was like a friggin' ice skating rink. We couldn't hardly even stand on the road surface. But that didn't stop the idiots from driving at 45 - 60 mph. Even where we had the west-bound side of the four-lane restricted to one lane. By the time we left there where more cars in the ditch than you can shake a stick at. The the Highway Patrol probably developed a bad case of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome writing out tickets. At least they didn't have to chase any of the violators down. :rolleyes: The one Statey said they should just stop and ticket any one that's moving on the road for too fast for conditions.
Things men have made with wakened hands, and put soft life into
Are awake through years with transferred touch and go on glowing
For long years.
And for this reason some old things are lovely
Warm still with the life of forgotten men who made them.

― D.H. Lawrence
Brewbirds
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Brewbirds »

Chuck N wrote:Hey Brew Birdies!

Did you move to Minnesota without letting any of us know? :lol: I remember how you were worried about driving on snow and ice.

We got called out to a roll-over early this morning and when we (the FD) got out on to the highway it was like a friggin' ice skating rink. We couldn't hardly even stand on the road surface. But that didn't stop the idiots from driving at 45 - 60 mph. Even where we had the west-bound side of the four-lane restricted to one lane. By the time we left there where more cars in the ditch than you can shake a stick at. The the Highway Patrol probably developed a bad case of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome writing out tickets. At least they didn't have to chase any of the violators down. :rolleyes: The one Statey said they should just stop and ticket any one that's moving on the road for too fast for conditions.
Hey CN: no that wasn't us thank goodness but I have to say I feel for you guys that have to do wrecks. It was as you describe in your post when driving back home. We hit some construction, heavy rain and city traffic where the other drivers had me screaming bloody murder at times. Jeez I COULD NOT follow the traffic rules in those spots for fear of getting plowed over by big rigs or getting side swiped in town > Memphis was a freaking nightmare and on the "loop" and not in rush hour.

I absolutely honor you guys ( police, fire, EMS etc.) as much as heroes as our soldiers for what you guys have to put up with every day on the job and know you put your lives at risk; but in your cases it pains to me know that it is because of selfishness, and stupidity. :x

I have to get through Memphis one more time and then I hope never to have to make that drive again.

I hope the idiots don't ruin your holiday this year (wishful thinking).

:cheers:
Sibling Brewers
FedoraDave
FedoraDave
FedoraDave

Post by FedoraDave »

Well, I just have to get through today's workload, and then I'm off until Jan. 2. With holidays and weekends, I love the fact that I can wangle ten days off when I'm actually only putting in for five vacation days!
Obey The Hat!

http://www.homebrew-with-the-hat.com

Some regard me as a Sensei of Brewing
Fedora Brauhaus
Up Next:
King Duncan's Porter
Fermenting/Conditioning
Littlejohn's Ale -- Crown Top Pale Ale
Drinking:
Ottertoberfest
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

Cool, have fun with your time off! Can't wait until I get some time off for good behavior.
Life is short, live it to it's fullest!
FedoraDave
FedoraDave
FedoraDave

Post by FedoraDave »

Thanks, FIT.

It was pretty sweet today, since there was a chilly December rain falling, and I knew I DIDN'T HAVE TO BE OUT WORKING IN IT!!!
Obey The Hat!

http://www.homebrew-with-the-hat.com

Some regard me as a Sensei of Brewing
Fedora Brauhaus
Up Next:
King Duncan's Porter
Fermenting/Conditioning
Littlejohn's Ale -- Crown Top Pale Ale
Drinking:
Ottertoberfest
Tabasco
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by Tabasco »

FedoraDave wrote:Thanks, FIT.

It was pretty sweet today, since there was a chilly December rain falling, and I knew I DIDN'T HAVE TO BE OUT WORKING IN IT!!!
Hi Dave!
D_Rabbit
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by D_Rabbit »

My wife thought I over reacted a bit but having worked in retail I do not think I did. What do you think?

We went to Omaha Steak to purchase a few items. We enjoy their steak and the portioin control it gives us. My wife asked for the 6 (6oz) top sirloin steaks, on sale for $44.99. The woman tells us there are sold out but can get us the 6 (5oz) top sirloins for $45.99. So I asked her, "so your going to sell us steaks at 1oz less per piece for $1.00 more?" She says, that is not on sale and it is a company set price so she has to sell it at that price.

Now out of principle I would have just walked out of there at that moment. Having been in sales myself I would have dealt with that differently and for $1.00 changed the damn price. My wife says I over reacted and was rude to her when she told me this. My opinion on that is different. Like I said, for $1.00 why would you piss someone off and not change the price. Maybe say something like "we are all out of the 6oz top sirloin but have the 5oz sirloin that I can get you for the same price."

The part that pissed me off was that she blamed the company setting the price and saying she can't change the price. Yes you can. You can always change the price! It is called customer service and you just screwed it up by not having in stock what I came to purchase than charged me more for less.
Howling Husky Brewing Company
Fermenting
Nothing at the moment

Kegged

Tap 1: Mango Saison
Tap 2: Southern Belle Brown Ale
Tap 3: Kings Porter - Robust Porter, 5.6% ABV
Tap 4: Empty :(
Inkleg
Brew Guru
Brew Guru